Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roman Gonzalez in Talks For Kal Yafai World Title Fight in UK

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I remember 3 years ago when I was telling posters Roman was overrated and about to get exposed andposters would lose their minds, “he p4p #1 doe”

Told you bytches,,, I’m going to have to bump those old Roman threads

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
      I remember 3 years ago when I was telling posters Roman was overrated and about to get exposed andposters would lose their minds, “he p4p #1 doe”

He is a great little fighter....he wasn't a p4p #1 type of talent but he is still a great fighter. Everyone gets beat eventually, don't be such an *******. Roman proved himself.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexican_Puppet View Post
        Like Broner?

Roman never unified titles in a division

And only had 3 good rivals: estrada drained 4 pounds, Cuadras that fu.cke up his face and Sor that destroyed him
        Are you really comparing Broner to fuçking Chocolatito?

Broner lost in nearly every step up fight he had while Gonzalez has beaten the best!

You can make excuses for Estrada all you want but I saw the fight and he looked good(the best any Gonzalez opponent has at the time) but lost in a classic!

Comment

I never bought into his P4P king status but two losses to the same opponent doesnt make him overrated. Think about his accomplishments and journey that led to the Sor fights.

Losing dont make one overrated. It’s what they do and how they come back that truly defines them as fighters.

I believe Roman is still a great little fighter.

Comment

Hopefully Chocolatito will be a champ once again in 2019. He'll be the comeback fighter of the year if he can do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Disturbed View Post
              Decent match, hopefully it will be made. I still will watch Chocolatito, man is far from his prime but still an entertaining bout, looked way slower in his last bout but it was still an entertaining fight with a great knockout
              Green karma. But I'd say he was looking slower since his debute on HBO. It was the time his physical decline started. It was obvious to how faster he was against Yaegashi, for example. Sad that the big part of boxing audience discovered him much later.

Comment

even the ghost of gonzalez knocks out yafai tbf

Comment

er yea because waiting for a great champ to hit the end of his career at a weight class that was too big for him and then he finally loses and you claim he was overrated all along, tremendous logic there bud

Comment

Originally posted by Offic.Scorecard View Post
                    Green karma. But I'd say he was looking slower since his debute on HBO. It was the time his physical decline started. It was obvious to how faster he was against Yaegashi, for example. Sad that the big part of boxing audience discovered him much later.
                    The Yaegashi match was fantastic, as im fan of both. Yaegashi always gives out his everything, been watching some of his fights, what a fighter he is and fast himself, both just very fun to watch. Akira's bout against Hirofumi Mukai somewhat recently was amazing as well

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
                      even the ghost of gonzalez knocks out yafai tbf

Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post
                      Really good fight and a toss up imo, Yafai wins on the cards if it's close
                      You got any theories on this? Fight should be in the US. Standalone UK card, its no way PPV. Gonzalez purse will be too high for a regular Sky card, Yafai not a ticket seller. So its co-main to a PPV. Joshua is April Wembley or US in June, Brook is Vargas in US. Uncertainty surrounds Whyte, yet seems Gonzalez been given a date. Leaves Callum Smith, could be Bivol, but my moneys on it being Golovkin.

Comment

Working...
                      X