“Here we go again” Federal judge blocks Mississippi abortion ban

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• “Here we go again” Federal judge blocks Mississippi abortion ban

https://apnews.com/9a5b239465744bde92ff0fdcfad4ef88

JACKSON, Miss. (AP) — A federal judge on Friday temporarily blocked a Mississippi law that would ban most abortions once a fetal heartbeat is detected, at about six weeks of pregnancy.

“Here we go again,” U.S. District Judge Carlton Reeves wrote in his order. “Mississippi has passed another law banning abortions prior to viability.”

His new order stops the law from taking effect July 1. Reeves is the same judge who struck down a 2018 Mississippi law to ban abortion at 15 weeks.

Constitutional law allows abortion up to viability. Viability means that the fetus can live outside the womb on its own basically.

It seems these states are hoping justice Karnov (my joke no would get, green if you do) help them get the state of the law overturned.

Smdh.

Why are a bunch of old white men allowed to dictate what women do with their bodies?

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      Why are a bunch of old white men allowed to dictate what women do with their bodies?
      Seems this cadre` of old white men have been ruling most everything in this country not long after it's inception, certainly in politics. And they are afraid of losing that power.
      They are afraid of losing control, their old world views, concepts and lifestyle. They want to live in 1958 or older years, when old white men always had the upper hand. Or something to that effect. Just my 2 cents.

Comment

If a baby is inside of a woman, and she has gotten pregnant via having sex with a man? Then technically abortion is not THEIR body entirely 'It is strange the way, some people speak about abortion as if they are taking a hernia out'.

There is no right or wrong answer, but seriously 'In this day and age with contraception and condoms, and all he information out there, women should not be getting pregnant and then wanting a abortion, in such large masses 'How and why are they getting pregnant?'

But of course it is a tough subject, there are unfortunate ways women can be impregnated by.

Comment

yeah, rape is a big factor. Plus many women don't even know they are pregnant @ 6 weeks. But old white men want to be judge, jury and law. What biz is it of theirs? Power. Corrupts.

Comment

Why do you argue entirely via television-derived soundbites where you make no argument pertinent to the topic and instead just play off of the audiences presumed hostility towards whites?

I'm pro-choice by the way.

I'm just fascinated by the far-left's "strategy" of tricking everyone into agreeing with them by harnessing anti-white racism. On every issue. Every time.
            Last edited by ////; 05-25-2019, 04:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by //// View Post
              Why do you argue entirely via television-derived soundbites where you make no argument pertinent to the topic and instead just play off of the audiences presumed hostility towards whites?

I'm pro-choice by the way.

I'm just fascinated by the far-left's "strategy" of tricking everyone into agreeing with them by harnessing anti-white racism. On every issue. Every time.
              I don't have cable.

Idk how many times I have to say that.

I don't watch news.

I have a weather app on my phone, that's the most news I read in the day.

The politics I read about is when I log in here.

This looks like a bunch of old white men trying to dictate what women do. Basically one of the most hated things of Islam (which I also hate), is a bunch of Muslim men telling women what to do, what to wear, how to react after getting raped, etc.

This is no different.

If you watch tv, youtube, read social media for your news/opinions, that's on you, not me. I don't do that.

Comment

Originally posted by jazluvr View Post
                yeah, rape is a big factor. Plus many women don't even know they are pregnant @ 6 weeks. But old white men want to be judge, jury and law. What biz is it of theirs? Power. Corrupts.
                It's extremely unlikely that you will convert anyone from anti-abortion to pro-abortion via attacking their race.

It's very likely that you will lose support from people who already agree with you by attacking their race.

So what's the strategy?

My guess: You don't actually care about abortion at all, and in fact the topic is merely an excuse to attack that race.

Comment

Also going to add, "the far left" doesn't have to convince anyone to think of anything (neither can the far right).

Any reasonable person, who also rag on Islam for their behavior towards women, should see this as negative behavior towards women.

You can't just pick and choose when you want to be mad at anti-women laws.

At least in my case, i'm consistent. I b/tch about Islam and their b/tch ass behavior towards their women, and i'm also going to b/tch about it when American men do it.

Fair, firm and consistent, just like I was taught to be as an officer by the state of Ohio.

Comment

I don't have cable.

Idk how many times I have to say that.

I don't watch news.

I have a weather app on my phone, that's the most news I read in the day.

The politics I read about is when I log in here.

This looks like a bunch of old white men trying to dictate what women do. Basically one of the most hated things of Islam (which I also hate), is a bunch of Muslim men telling women what to do, what to wear, how to react after getting raped, etc.

This is no different.

If you watch tv, youtube, read social media for your news/opinions, that's on you, not me. I don't do that.
                    The statistical likelihood that you would independently come up with these word-for-word network television news buzz arguments without having seen it on MSNBC or read it as a HuffPo headline is very, very low.

What is your actual material complaint, though? Many of the governors and judges involved are women or non-white. Do you specifically believe legislation should be in place so that white male judges are forced to remove themselves from cases where they make decisions affecting non-white males? Does this also apply to judges of other races/genders?

Again I'm pro-choice/pro-abortion, I'm just fascinated by the left's inability to form logical arguments even when I agree with them.

It has nothing to do with women's bodies. % of abortions from rape/incest is very small & it's easy to simply make exceptions for those.

When you ignore the racial attacks and diversionary chanting. it's a bunch of grownups deciding what to do with unwanted unborn children.

I'm of the firm opinion that preventing the birth will cause less suffering than forcing neglectful/abusive/incapable parents to reproduce against their will. That's a solid argument in favor of abortion, no?

"Down with whites"=crap
                    "Women's bodies!"=crap
                    Last edited by ////; 05-25-2019, 04:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X