Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ggg vs canelo breaks 2 million ppv buys.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by future hendrixx View Post

if this gets confirmed ca$hnelo proves this is indeed his era. still very young. but he needs to maybe go the floyd route and be his own boss becuz GBP just paid him $5mill for this fight. hes worth way more.
    wow thats impressive i missed this. anyone who doesnt think may mac helped at this point is naive. surprised I missed this im honestly stunned if this turns out to be true and it just shows boxing is not dead and never will die just needs its stars

Comment

• Ca$hnelo is the new PPV king. Bow down to the A-side.

Comment

• Networks no longer confirm PPV numbers? **** it.

Comment

• And people said GGG couldn't draw. Smh

Comment

• Lets all let out a big "I told you so" for the doubters and haters who said that May/Mac was going to shut out GGG/Canelo and hurt their numbers. As discussed, different fan bases for these two events, neither one detracted from the other. Good to see there are still a lot of fans who appreciate a real fight between the two best in their respective division. Looking forward to the rematch!

Comment

• Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
              And people said GGG couldn't draw. Smh
              Originally posted by Death_Adder View Post
              . Bow down to the A-side.

Comment

• I thought the ceiling would be 1.5 mil. 2 million is incredible for them. I hope they rematch in May!

Comment

• Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
                  Lets all let out a big "I told you so" for the doubters and haters who said that May/Mac was going to shut out GGG/Canelo and hurt their numbers. As discussed, different fan bases for these two events, neither one detracted from the other. Good to see there are still a lot of fans who appreciate a real fight between the two best in their respective division. Looking forward to the rematch!

I was actually one of the doubters. I didn't question Canelo's drawing power or GGG's ability to gain fans, I just felt that casuals would be turned off by spending $100 for another let down from Floyd. The fight was decent for a circus fight, but it still only gave Canelo-GGG a few weeks of real promotion.

This is one of those times where I'm happy to he wrong.

The fact that Canelo-GGG drew very good numbers despite so much focus on May-Conor in the preceding weeks and when you consider how fun their first fight was tells me they will sell even more for the rematch.

Comment

• Ca$hLoveKing aka $$$

Praise the King!!

Comment

• Abel and Loeffler made it apparent they wanted Alvarez because of his star revenue power.

People seem to forget about the splits! This is like 80/20. If Abel and Loeffler told Oscar and Bhop at the table that GGG is the reason for high PPVs, then this fight wouldnt have been made. Theres a reason why GGG needed Canelo's name and make cash at the end of the career or else they wouldn't have begged Cashnelo even though he gave them the belt....

this is common sense. Alvarez been doing PPV for how long? vs GGG?

Comment

Working...
                      X