Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think of people who commit suicide?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chups View Post
    Although the thought and act of killing yourself takes balls, it's still a cowardly stupid move. That is my opinion.
    That statement is cowardly and stupid.

To generalize why people commit suicide is as ridiculous as to why people fall in love. It's for different reasons, some physical, some emotional, and many because of mental issues.

One thing I can say is that the older I have gotten, the less I really know about life. I have done things I thought I would never do.

Comment

Depends on why they did...

Comment

suicide is a last resort...THE very last...i'd have to know what the situation is

Comment

IMO I only see tragedy when people in certain situations do it. War victim completely deformed by injuries, or innocent people in jail in corrupt third world countries facing torture daily. Then yes. But somebody in a western country killing himself because of a relationship? Or failing in school or work? Nothing respectable about that at all, just a shame. Most of them didn't even try to get help either.

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
            I find it hard to pitty them. They are selfish to take the weak way out when their family(parents/kids) has to live with their selfish act for the rest of their lifes.

So if anyone is ever confronted with the temptation, think of others for a change and don't do it,
            for them.
            I never understood that line of thinking about suicide. At all.

"Hey, so what if you're completely miserable and depressed to the point that waking up every day has become a chore - You should continue to suffer in life because killing yourself would just bum me out."

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
              I actually agree with Bringer here.

Probably because I am not afraid to admit that I am afraid to die.
              There's absolutely nothing wrong with admitting that. I can't speak for everybody, but I think fearing death is human nature. From the moment we begin learning about ourselves and the world around us, we are given the knowledge that our existence will eventually end, and we're the only creatures on the planet who are consciously aware of that fact.

Whether it's a blessing or a curse depends on your perspective, I guess.

As for led's previous post about me saying that I'd die by suicide in another thread, he's not being entirely truthful. I said that I can almost guarantee that my death will come as the result of an accident, or via suicide.

I can't rule out the possibility that I'll be in a car wreck or some other random accident which will claim my life, but outside of that occuring I can guarantee that my life will be ended by my own hands, on my own terms.

I've watched people succumb to disease up close and wither away over a period of years, losing physical abilities and mental capacity in the process to the point where their existence hinged upon the actions of others. They were essentially dead for all intents and purposes, outside of a simple heart beat keeping them afloat.

I came to the decision that I'll never let myself deteriorate to that point a long time ago. Losing control of my ability to care for myself or think cognitively is something I will make damn sure I never have to experience. I wouldn't want the misery it would bring upon myself, or the buden which it would place upon the people I love.

And since there's a very high likelihood that if I live long enough I'll be infected with one or more diseases with the capability of robbing me of such functions, it's very likely that outside of an accident I'll be the one who decides when I've had enough.

Comment

There was a conference here in Edinburgh today that was discussing assisted suicide for those who can't end their own life.

If I were ever in a vegetative state I'd want to die.

I'll post a link to a guy who was heavily discussed at the conference as his wife is one of the campaigners. Felt terrible seeing him on tv. He died a few days after he lost his case.

He was fully mentally aware but couldn't move his body. Must have been terrible.

I think they should allow assisted suicide in the uk. There are people who travel to Switzerland to die and pay thousands when they just want to die at home with loved ones.

Comment

i think you have to have experienced the most saddest,loneliest,miserable,hopeless life you can imagine and then you can finally understand the people who do it...

Comment

Originally posted by wood1985 View Post
                    There was a conference here in Edinburgh today that was discussing assisted suicide for those who can't end their own life.

If I were ever in a vegetative state I'd want to die.

I'll post a link to a guy who was heavily discussed at the conference as his wife is one of the campaigners. Felt terrible seeing him on tv. He died a few days after he lost his case.

He was fully mentally aware but couldn't move his body. Must have been terrible.

I think they should allow assisted suicide in the uk. There are people who travel to Switzerland to die and pay thousands when they just want to die at home with loved ones.
                    Here's an article from the conference.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/h...dow.1351872993

Some info on the guy.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-19341722

A tweet from the family.

"Before he died, he asked us to tweet: 'Goodbye world the time has come, I had some fun'."

Comment

i dont judge anyone, especially if i havent been in their position. theres lots of suffering in the world, life is hard for everyone but for some ppl its difficult beyond belief. someone who passes judgement on ppl for commiting suicide probably had an easy sheltered life bcuz nobody whos seen the kind of suffering some ppl go through would blame them for it.

Comment

Working...
                      X