No announcement yet.

Serious question: why is golf a sport?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by INJECT View Post
    They're games..... I could drink a beer while playing golf and chess.

That means they're not sports.

Who say anything about chess?...

I drank beer when I played football,soccer,baseball and basketball....

Comment

• golf is a sport.

i am a professional golfer and i train 3-5 times a week. the most important aspect is having a strong core, the modern golf swing is very dynamic inviolving several muscle groups in particualr the core, legs and triceps. i work on my CV too. all with the aim to help be perform at a higher level for a longer period of time.

training is important for golf, two main reasons being to improve performance and reduce injury. its not rocket science if you improve your allround body composition you increase the likelyhood of better performance.

there are aspects of golf that are skills, putting and chipping, the more delicate shots, training has no benifit when executing these shots.

i understand people look at a golf swing and it doesnt appear too physical or dynamic but there is a lot more going on with the body than meets the eye, especially at the higher level.

Comment

• Originally posted by boxingfandan View Post
        golf is a sport.

i am a professional golfer and i train 3-5 times a week. the most important aspect is having a strong core, the modern golf swing is very dynamic inviolving several muscle groups in particualr the core, legs and triceps. i work on my CV too. all with the aim to help be perform at a higher level for a longer period of time.

training is important for golf, two main reasons being to improve performance and reduce injury. its not rocket science if you improve your allround body composition you increase the likelyhood of better performance.

there are aspects of golf that are skills, putting and chipping, the more delicate shots, training has no benifit when executing these shots.

i understand people look at a golf swing and it doesnt appear too physical or dynamic but there is a lot more going on with the body than meets the eye, especially at the higher level.
        I don't question the aspect of physical fitness in Golf, but without a definitive offense and defense, Golf falls into the catagory of a "Competition" not a sport...

Comment

• I don't really care how you define **** or whatever but I consider golf a sport and golfers athletes. Now Nascar, that craps not a sport and they are not athletes!!lol no way

Comment

• Originally posted by cnote111 View Post
            I don't question the aspect of physical fitness in Golf, but without a definitive offense and defense, Golf falls into the catagory of a "Competition" not a sport...
            like other sports it requires skill, physical prowess but not excertion mental focus, stamina (ok so its just walking but in high temperatures for four days can be a factor at times), and can be competitive. its also a recreational sport as well not just competition.

i dont think to define a sport you must have offence or defence, the nature of the sport and the activity plays a bigger role. there is a lot of strategy invlolved in golf that determines how you play. there are times when you should play agressively and times when you play defencively or play the percentages. this is the offence and defenisive side to golf if you like

Comment

• GOFLERS can be the most paid sports starts in the world

Comment

Working...
              X