Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Oscar De La Hoya: Trout Fight Will Prove Canelo's Worth

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This statement could so easily backfire.

Comment

Trout definitely beat Cotto but it was a competitive fight. Like 7-5 in my opinion. I don't think Cotto at this stage has Canelo's speed or pop, and I also don't think Trout has the kind of power that can deter Alvarez from coming forward.

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
        I'm not at all expecting anything. I understand folks are going to pick one guy or the next. It's why I posed the question to ya'll. It's always why I went in and stated my views on both men...to see what reason people are convinced Canelo will be exposed or the other man will be shut down. I think this is pretty evenly matched both make a ton of mistakes in the ring.
        Well I believe canelo will be exposed for plenty of reasons. Number 1 being he's never faced a 154 fighter as big as Trout.

I also believe his power is overrated. If you're fighting a jr welterweight at 154 you're supposed to stop him.

I think his stamina and chin are both suspect. He doesn't move his head and is easy to hit. He's also been rocked by a career lightweight.

If he wins this fight, then obviously he's the real deal. However he hasn't won yet and I will never call him the real deal until he actually does something worthy of that title, which he hasn't done to this day.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
          Well I believe canelo will be exposed for plenty of reasons. Number 1 being he's never faced a 154 fighter as big as Trout.

I also believe his power is overrated. If you're fighting a jr welterweight at 154 you're supposed to stop him.

I think his stamina and chin are both suspect. He doesn't move his head and is easy to hit. He's also been rocked by a career lightweight.

If he wins this fight, then obviously he's the real deal. However he hasn't won yet and I will never call him the real deal until he actually does something worthy of that title, which he hasn't done to this day.
          God damn..now that's what I call a reply. Thank you. It's nice to get someone's insight around that's not solely based on who their promoter is or what race they are. Thanks again. We'll see come fight night. I think we are in for a good show, may the better man win.

Comment

We'll see how it goes. It's less than two weeks away. Trout is supposed to win this fight. Canelo hasn't fought anyone legit in his division according to our resident experts here. (I'd rather blame GBP for that.) We'll see.

Comment

better prepare them excuses Oscar, your boy about to take this L

Comment

For some reason I smell a fix.

Comment

Neutral

I have no favorite in this fight, however, lately we have seen the underdog prove that they are better than what people thought. (Provodnikov-Bradley for example) And Provodnikov was a nobody before he fought bradley. Also, look at all the comments Canelo has been making lately, he says he will avenge his brother's loss to Trout over and over, I mean is that your only motivation? I mean come on Canelo is overlooking Trout. Trout has one bout against a decent boxer in Cotto, but cotto is basically done. Canelo has fought nobody that is near as good as Cotto is period. I see this this as the person that boxes and uses Their jab more affectively takes this win. So comparing styles Canelo is a come forward fighter with no head movement, throws better combinations than trouth and you would think he has more power but we will have to wait and see if Canelo can hurt Trout early on. Trout on the other hand seems to be more of the boxer since Canelo seems to always press forward (kinda like chavez) but if Trout can impose his jab early on, he should be able to keep Canelo away from the inside and could pull an upset. We will have to wait and see.

Comment

Is Austin a GB fighter? If so then damn wheres the love Oscar? He's been promoting Canelo's September fight like Trout don't exist

Comment

Oscar is right!

Canelo is facing a very legitimate junior-middleweight champion in Trout. Tall, fast, and possessing excellent boxing skills. Big step up from some of the other fighters Canelo has faced. If he wins...he answers a lot of questions and quiets his detractors. If he loses, it's not the end of the world, but a loss does take away a lot of the luster he's been adorned with.

Just hoping we have a competent, honest, non-intimidated set of judges scoring the fight. All of us have witnessed some decisions lately that not only make us shake our heads, but also question the integrity of our favorite sport. National boxing commission anybody?

Comment

Working...
                      X