Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the best pre-workout drink you've had?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SBleeder View Post
    I didn't say anything about "tough". I just asked what the point was. It wasn't a rhetorical question.

Personally, I don't take any "supplements" because (a) I don't know what significant benefit they could possibly give men, and (b) if they did give me a benefit, I'd feel like a cheater because not everyone has the money to buy them. Just a stupid personality quirk of mine.

What is the purpose of a pre-workout drink? Does it provide more energy? Give you more hydration? It seems like drinking something heavy before training would slow me down if my body has to digest it while I'm trying to train.

For me, I bring a bottle of Powerade to the gym every night, along with a huge jug of water. Once the Powerade is done, I switch to H2O.
    Sounds like a lot of lame excuses.

Nutritious food is expensive. I guess I should eat at McDonald's because it might be considered cheating to eat a more nutritious meal that might be more expensive because other guys can't afford it, right? Or maybe I just shouldn't eat at all, my opponent might not even be able to make ends meet. derp

Pre Workout aren't that much money, $30 for 30-45 servings is hardly expensive.

Pre Workout aren't heavy. You mix tiny scoops in 8oz of water a drink it 30 minutes before you train. If you can't digest 8oz of water and some amino acids in 30 minutes, there is something wrong with you.

A majority of PWO's are perfectly fine to use according to governing athletic bodies.

Yes they give you energy, yes they can help you training harder for longer, yes they can keep you hydrated and or from fatiguing, yes they can aid in helping recovery from training among other things.

You claim you aren't trying portray yourself as a tough guy or "hey look at me I'm all natural I just drink Water", but I think you are
    Last edited by TheNegation; 11-09-2012, 06:11 PM.

Comment

Jack3d was the best by far..Assault was mehhh okkk I too, went based on reviews..it's more and more Muscle pharm groupies and I got sucked in to it..but it's ok..

I'm taking Superpump Max now..it's solid..not jack3d but better than assault..and it doesn't give me the ****s like Superpump250 used to..

Comment

In my experience you have to kind of cycle with the pre workouts too.

It seems like after taking one of them for a month my body gets kind of used to the sugar, so I usually go a month on and off

Comment

only negative is developing a mental dependence on it. not physical but just mentally it sucks being used to a pre-workout than trying to stop.

Comment

When I feel tired before I go to the gym to chrush some weights I take Nox Pump from Dorian Yates, great Pre workout supplement. Unfortunately all supplement with 1,3 DMAA are going to be prohibited in Holland.

Comment

mussle farm assult is great - tried it too recentrly

Comment

Originally posted by rampant View Post
                Why not just eat the correct food before a workout? Instead of putting all that crap in, some of which you dont even know what it is, it isnt normal to be off your nut whilst perfroming excersize.

If you cant do a workout without pumping yourself full of false energy, find something else to do.
                I'm guessing because like myself - time can be an issue. Its not always possible to eat prepare the right foods a couple of hours before training due to work and family

Comment

Originally posted by WESS View Post
                  Also, I'm not sure on your situation but have you ever looked into working out first thing in the morning? I have found that to be best (for me).
                  You're refreshed after a night’s sleep and it's nice to have it out of the way in the first part of your day. Plus you head to work wide awake and like me, ready to go.

Some people are just not a morning person and I understand that but man once you get into a routine, I find the morning time to work out perfect. But again that's just me and everyone's different and on different schedules etc.
                  This is so true but like u said some people aren't morning ppl and im one of them. I wish I could though

Comment

A glass of fresh orange juice.

Comment

I have tried a few.

Jack3d was the first I ever took. I loved this preworkout, and it as this product that made me a believer in them again, because in the past I had taken those NO style PWO's like gaspari's superpump and never really noticed the results.

Craze was the next - this was my favorite preworkout ever. Everything about it was great from the level of intensity, no itchy feeling, a great pump, and it wore off and allowed me to sleep, something that Jack3d doesn't do.

White Flood by controlled labs. They sent me a sample pack of their products and I loved it. Of all of the, it was the cleanest energy and like the craze, it wore off and I was able to sleep well at night.

Currently I am back on jack3d simply because Craze you have to order, and I wanted my PWO now, and white flood stopped working after a few weeks. I had to take like 2 1/2 scoops to get the effects and those scoops are like twice what a scoop of jack3d is.

Jack3d only takes 1 scoop to get me going. I would say that Craze was the best I ever took, but Jack3d I could never complain about. I just have to take it earlier in the day because if i take it at 4, it will keep me up past midnight when I typically go to bed around 10.

With that being said, you will need to try them to see which one you like best. I know people who hate Jack3d, but I love it. Guys who said they got no results from Craze but it's my favorite. People who get no effect from white flood, but I did.

Most companies will send you a free sample if you write to them in an email.
                      Last edited by CarlosG815; 11-18-2012, 03:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X