No announcement yet.

22 years old

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 22 years old

I'm 22 years old and wondering if i should give boxing a serious try. Its been 7 years since i boxed. Is 22 too old?

Nah it's not too old. There are top guys who've started later.

Comment

Originally posted by Piggu View Post
      Nah it's not too old. There are top guys who've started later.
      yea man im 22 and always thought about it. I'm 5'9, at around 145lbs. And i've been a skateboarder my whole life so i have insane lower body strength and im pretty agile. I mean, we have to make lower body decision just like boxers have to make upper body decisions. for example: dodge a punch goes with jump off the board and avoid slamming. we have to learn how to best avoid rolling your ankle, jump off 15 stairs not just once, but untill you pull the trick. and you have to learn how you lessen the impact of the fall so you have enough strength to keep going. we basically have to conserve energy while trying the trick, and slamming. because we know if we dont pull it right now, we're gonna be pissed. So i figure i take enough of a beating skateboarding and thats my main passion. I also love boxing, and if i wasnt on the board 24/7, I'd be in the gym 24/7.

Comment

Originally posted by Swellbo View Post
        yea man im 22 and always thought about it. I'm 5'9, at around 145lbs. And i've been a skateboarder my whole life so i have insane lower body strength and im pretty agile. I mean, we have to make lower body decision just like boxers have to make upper body decisions. for example: dodge a punch goes with jump off the board and avoid slamming. we have to learn how to best avoid rolling your ankle, jump off 15 stairs not just once, but untill you pull the trick. and you have to learn how you lessen the impact of the fall so you have enough strength to keep going. we basically have to conserve energy while trying the trick, and slamming. because we know if we dont pull it right now, we're gonna be pissed. So i figure i take enough of a beating skateboarding and thats my main passion. I also love boxing, and if i wasnt on the board 24/7, I'd be in the gym 24/7.
        22 isnt too old at all if your just looking for am or fitness, even some pros started late. i use to skate nonstop too and could apply some of the leg movements whenever i get in the ring, so its certainly not a bad thing, goodluck man.

Comment

you can fight as an amatuer until your 35 according to USA boxing (the people who run all amatuer boxing events) so 22 is not bad at all, Some of the best pros in the world have started later than 22. Get ahold of your local gym and talk to the trainer, get his input

Comment

Originally posted by Swellbo View Post
            This is the most stupid post I have read all day. Congrats!
            Last edited by Pound 4 Pound; 02-07-2008, 04:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by joshtyra View Post
              I'm 22 years old and wondering if i should give boxing a serious try. Its been 7 years since i boxed. Is 22 too old?
              If you are naturally gifted then you are never too old. (up to a point)

Comment

Originally posted by joshtyra View Post
                i think tarver started at like 28

Comment

Originally posted by Pound 4 Pound View Post
                  This is the most stupid post I have read all day. Congrats!
                  its cuz you dont know jack! congrats!

Comment

Working...
                  X