Collapse
No announcement yet.

What % of PPV does Pacquiao get

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Floyd needs to award these tender loyal loving fans of his with some kind of trophies or something. Clearly, they care so much that Floyd has to make that much money. It is not enough that he makes $50 million. He has to make more. If not, doesn't matter if the fight never happens. That's why these are some of the worst fans I've seen or will be seeing in my lifetime. Unbelievable fanaticism.

Comment

Originally posted by UglyPug View Post
      it's like this. . here is a quick breakdown of how it works. EX: Pacquiao/Mosley fight Pacquiao got 65% I believe. 1.4 million buys (60? I believe it was 60 dollars for the HD; so just assuming all those were HD to make it easy) = 84 million(.65) = 54 million (.27 - Arum's cut) = 15 million. 54 million - 15 million = 39 million. Take out taxes, training expenses, etc. Pacquiao is netting about 25 million. . .
      Wrong. The providers and the network get paid first. Then the promoter company do the splitting according to contract.

Comment

Originally posted by jtcs1981 View Post
        Wrong. The providers and the network get paid first. Then the promoter company do the splitting according to contract.

I didn't say it was exact. . Just a general idea. . . I know that the network doesn't profit a lot off PPV's. . By "providers" do you mean the promotor who puts up the risk/capital to promote and stage the fight?

Comment

Originally posted by UglyPug View Post
          I didn't say it was exact. . Just a general idea. . . I know that the network doesn't profit a lot off PPV's. . By "providers" do you mean the promotor who puts up the risk/capital to promote and stage the fight?
          Cable and satellite companies.

Comment

None because the cut above his right eye would not heal in time for May 5th.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleMM View Post
              considering he only gets guatrentees in the 7 million range, what split does he get from PPV and live gate.
              The low guarantee is so that he can obey the law and report the amount he is paid on fight night. The real money comes in within the next month or two and it takes up to a year for everything world wide to come in.

recall about a year ago reading a breakdown byan "insider" including quotes from Arum which said that the PPV money is divided approximately equally between the promoters and the PPV and Cable companies. After their PV share is divided between the promoters according to whatever contract they have, MannyP can get as much as 80% of the remaining money, with Top Rank getting 20%. This varies according to the opponent and the PPV take.

Make of it what you will, but it's obvious that Pacquiao, whose share is also split between him personally and his promotional company(for tax and writeoff purposes) makes a lot more than the stated "guarantee".

He probably makes as much as Mayweather pro rata, since Mayweather would have exactly the same expenses as Pacquiao, especially including the promoter since Golden Balls is his promoter. They wouldn't be doing it without being paid.
              Mayweather is a bluffer and serious serial liar, who can't be believed. His latest escapades just point up the fact that he's progressively becoming more and more unrealistic and narcissistic. Don't forget he comes from a dreadfully dysfunctional and crazy family. Probably genetically inherited.

Common-sense and logic need to make successful "comebacks".

Comment

Originally posted by eddoes View Post
                None because the cut above his right eye would not heal in time for May 5th.
                Oh oh...they are now doctors also .

Comment

Originally posted by I'm so sorry View Post
                  Too bad *******s never became reading comprehension experts.

They need some extra schooling.
                  What the hell is this **** , who give a F about writing comprehension. We never said that we were expert in the English writing Language but it looks like you understanded me well .

Comment

Originally posted by ModernTalking View Post
                    Oh oh...they are now doctors also .
                    Floyd apologists will be anything they want just to defend their queen.

Comment

he gets more than a 7m guarantee, I suggest you read fat dans blogs or pacs advisor who explain his earnings

for example floyds guarantee for ortiz was like 18m...while officially it was more so like 22m

the guarantee relates to the state of nevada, the amount a promoter must pay with 7-14 days to the fighter, pacs guarantees are around the 22m mark now as well, he gets 7-8m officially within two weeks and the rest about two weeks later plus ppv bonus and so on

No doubt *****s will ignore this post and think they still know everything....just read up on it guys, not too hard to find the reasoning

Comment

Working...
                      X