Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Biggie is not a great or one of the greatest ever. That' a slap to 2 Pac's face.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biggie is not a great or one of the greatest ever. That' a slap to 2 Pac's face.

I'm always hearing how Biggie is one of the greatest of all-time and he's leaps and bounds above such and such. Biggie lyrically is still a monster today. Look, I like Biggie a lot, his lyrics are crazy good. He died at 26 and he's missed even by me. But lets be real, Biggie made TWO albums when he was alive. Were they good? Of course. Would he have gotten so much praises on Life after Death if he wasn't dead during release? Hell no!

He was a good lyricist and died during his mid-prime of coming up. To put a guy with 2 albums as one of the greatest ever is crazy. I think people go by what others say. I hear people that are 16 saying Jordan is the greatest of all-time. I ask how many games have you watched and they say some Youtube stuff. I then ask how did you come up with him being the greatest and they say because everyone else says it.

And to put him with 2Pac is like shytting on Pac's grave. Pac did quadruple more than Biggie, as in solid lyrical I'd give it to Biggie, substance I'd give to Pac, meaning I'd give to Pac. message I'd give to Pac. And Pac did 6 albums. I think people caught Biggie on a huge come up in that world wind. Bad Boy was makin' it and the hype went along to eternity.

So for those that say Biggie is one of the best ever; I'd like to know why or give songs on why that can be up there with Pac. One song I remember is this... Pac killed it with his regular flow. He didn't have to speed up his normal flow to try to blend in.

Biggie had to speed his up. Good verse but it seems like he wanted to be "one of the guys"

Pac is more versatile with his rap ability, tons more styles. Biggie was good but really???? One of the greatest ever? :mistake: Biggie is a would of could of would of enigma. Form your own opinions, not what you heard others say.:waving:

Cosign powerful thread.

Five stars will browse agian.

Comment

I've never been a Biggie fan for some reason.

Comment

every one knows the all time best rappers are Ad rock, MCA, and Mike D.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus Sully View Post
          every one knows the all time best rappers are Ad rock, MCA, and Mike D.
          Everyone my azz. People always put Biggie up there. It's like the old timers that say Tyson is a top 3 of all-time. No he's not! His rise was great and a huge impact but it fell as quick as it went up. He with the would of could of should of category also.

Comment

Originally posted by Versastyle View Post
            Everyone my azz. People always put Biggie up there. It's like the old timers that say Tyson is a top 3 of all-time. No he's not! His rise was great and a huge impact but it fell as quick as it went up. He with the would of could of should of category also.
            well maybe not every one, but the people in the know know, and thats all any one needs to know, ya know?

1982- 2012 and they still kickin it root down with the brass monkey.
            Last edited by Spartacus Sully; 04-18-2012, 02:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus Sully View Post
              well maybe not every one, but the people in the know know, and thats all any one needs to know, ya know?
              Yeah I get ya.

Comment

IMO this is similar to the JMM/Pac thread floating around NSB

Greater rapper: Tupac
                Better rapper: Biggie

Comment

Originally posted by winky's right View Post
                  IMO this is similar to the JMM/Pac thread floating around NSB

Greater rapper: Tupac
                  Better rapper: Biggie
                  even greater and better rapper: Del

Comment