Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i want to see floyd's stans have to say about this, they avoid it like the plague

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
    Baldomir wasn't good at all...Not Floyd fault he was the lineal champ. But, yea, he's the worst lineal champ in WW history.

I don't blame Floyd for fighting Oscar. Any rational man would fight Oscar. You have to be a complete idiot or Winky Wright to turn down a fight with Oscar.

But, he should have fought Margarito. For whatever reason he avoided the hell out of that man.
    he whooped gatti ass.

Comment

I don't blame Floyd for fighting Oscar. Any rational man would fight Oscar. You have to be a complete idiot or Winky Wright to turn down a fight with Oscar.
      I can. If you're fighting washed-up former greats instead of going after the best in your division then there's a problem.

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by OralLepercy View Post
        LMFAO, your probably right. In hindsight if i knew what i know now then i wouldn't be jumping up and down for that fight. margo was fighting mexican cab drivers. dude fought on espn at the time ( didn't he **** that one dude ear up).
        "Mexican Cab drivers"? Margarito at the time had best WW resume out of all the other WW fighters.

all margo had was height and Floyds inside game is underrated. **** would have probably looked like the corrales fight. a prime Castillo is a better fighter than margo imo. margo is just a pressure guy he tires you out.
        Floyd inside game is underrated, I agree. But, so what? Marg was also a damn good inside fighter.

What makes you think it would look like the Corrales fight? Because, of the height? That's the only thing that Marg and Corrales had incoming. At the time and even now Floyd is still a small WW, Floyd was not a small SFW. So you can't make that comparison. Both Corrales and Marg had different type of intangibles. Floyd had true power at 130, even though he has respectable power he doesn't have full power at 147 especially at the time when he was still new to the division and filling his body in the weight-class. So I doubt that he would have dropped Margarito who had a granite chin like 5 times. And, I doubt Floyd at the time would have wanted to fight Marg on the inside. Hell he didn't even want to fight Baldomir and was uncomfortable with Baldo size. And, Baldo couldn't hold Marg jockstrap. So I seriously doubt it would have look like the Corrales. Plus considering Marg at that time got stronger as did Floyd as the fight progresses.

Yes Castillo was the better fighter. No one said different. I said this would have been his toughest fight since Castillo. JLC was more skilled no doubt. But, being at WW, Marg was a different type of opponent.

Marg did a lot of subtle things that people didn't notice. Because, it wasn't textbook, flashy or pretty to see. But, he wasn't the average fighter that people like to make him out to be. Maybe because, they probably didn't follow the WW division closely back then. Baldomir was just a pressure fighter. Margarito was something more than that...Not a great fighter. But, at the time the best WW out there.

Comment

I see my previous post was avoided, to much like the truth to be argued, lol.... You guys crack me up

Comment

he whooped gatti ass.
            Who did? Floyd? Yea so?

Comment

Baldomir wasn't good at all...Not Floyd fault he was the lineal champ. But, yea, he's the worst lineal champ in WW history.

But, he should have fought Margarito. For whatever reason he avoided the hell out of that man.

It's not hard to figure out when you're not ignoring his disputes with Bob Arum.

And Baldimir was not the worst lineal ww champion in history. Billy Backus has him beat by far.
              Last edited by joseph5620; 09-25-2011, 06:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
                I can. If you're fighting washed-up former greats instead of going after the best in your division then there's a problem.

Poet
                You can't blame for fighting Oscar...No one turns down Oscar besides Winky...

Name your favorite fighter of all time. And, they would not turn down a fighter like Oscar. Who brings the money that he brought. No fighter would. You would have to be a dumbass or Winky Wright.

You don't have to give Floyd credit for the Oscar win. But, you can't blame him for taking that fight either.

If you do, then you just hating plain and simple.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
                  [/U]

It's not hard to figure out when you're not ignoring his disputes with Bob Arum.
                  But, he could have fought him before his disputes with Arum. So that excuse doesn't fly.

Comment

Originally posted by cixthree View Post
                    I see my previous post was avoided, to much like the truth to be argued, lol.... You guys crack me up
                    Maybe because your post and point was silly.

Your post is more for the noobs then for the ones who actually followed the sport back then.

Comment

You can't blame for fighting Oscar...No one turns down Oscar besides Winky...

Name your favorite fighter of all time. And, they would not turn down a fighter like Oscar. Who brings the money that he brought. No fighter would. You would have to be a dumbass or Winky Wright.

You don't have to give Floyd credit for the Oscar win. But, you can't blame him for taking that fight either.

If you do, then you just hating plain and simple.
                      If it's all about the Benjamins and screw establishing yourself as the best then I'm going to have an issue with it regardless of who it is. If you aren't in it to be the best, if you're in it for taking the path of least resistance to the lucre then to my mind you need to find a new line of work.

Poet

Comment

Working...
                      X