No announcement yet.

Murray wants Khan clash

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Murray wants Khan clash

“I would love to fight Amir and it’s the logical fight to happen,” the Mancunian reasoned.

“We are both unbeaten and both from Lancashire. Hopefully, I will be winning the British belt and then it will be a fight with two belts on the line. It could happen at the MEN Arena in Manchester on September 6."
    Personally I would love to see this fight, Murrary for me was the best British prospect coming through the ranks in the past couple of years, but has been held up by truely awful match making by Hennesey. In his last fight Murrary didn't look intrested and didn't turn up at all, he should be up for fighting Meager though. If Murray wins the British belt in style this is the fight that should be made. It would be intresting to see how Murray would handle Khan's fast accurate punching and how would Khan handle a fighter as talented as Murray. Most people I would expect would pick Khan, I would of before the Gomez fight but Murray is much better opponent. How do you guys think this one will go?

hi mate... i would pick murray,i think khan has some AWFUL flaws...and although he has good power i wouldent say he has massive power.

i have only seen murray a few times but he looks real good.

i hope people get off this knan bandwagan soon,i think he is overrated

Comment

i would love a khan clash but we cant all have what we want. i think khan needs to fight a contender to prove himself.

Comment

I'm waiting for the day when Khan gets knocked out. He has massive defensive flaws and they will be exposed when he takes a step up in competition.

But...I think Khan would be too much for Murray.

Comment

Personally if it goes past 3 rounds, Murray would win is how I would see it. John is a fantastic body puncher and regulary spars with Hatton, Hatton said on 5Live recently he would expect Murray to beat him, also Gomez has said the same. Murray is a real lightweight and is pretty big himself for the weight. But after watching him live at the Froch undercard last time out Murray will need to prove himself once more and win next week in good fashion. I hope the fight gets made or atleast one of them fights Thaxton to prove whos the best in Britain.

Comment

Am I the only one who doesn't really like Khan but love watching him fight? Just for the pure riskage.

Comment

Iv seen Murray a number of times live. He has looked excellent at times, but also sometimes looks poor. He was a lucy boy to get the win in his last fight, he cold quite easily have lost.

If he is on form it could be close with Khan.

Id prob pick Khan by UD but Khan would certainly not have i all his own way.

I would like Amir to fight Kevin Mitchell too

Comment

Originally posted by Nicky_Hatton View Post
                Am I the only one who doesn't really like Khan but love watching him fight? Just for the pure riskage.
                Yea im in that camp

Comment

Murray for me. He's a proper lightweight, can throw huge punches and will take everything Khan can throw at him. Khan has been kept away from Murray since he turned pro and this is a very risky fight for Khan as i can't see him winning. Also how will Khan react when most people in the arena want him to get beat. Fighting a good young Manchester fighter in Manchester is surely a bad move for khan

Comment

Originally posted by adietheforestfa View Post
                    Iv seen Murray a number of times live. He has looked excellent at times, but also sometimes looks poor. He was a lucy boy to get the win in his last fight, he cold quite easily have lost.

If he is on form it could be close with Khan.

Id prob pick Khan by UD but Khan would certainly not have i all his own way.

I would like Amir to fight Kevin Mitchell too
                    Good call. I'd like to see a Mitchell - Khan matchup.

Comment

Working...
                    X