Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mike Tyson knocked Wesley Snipes out cold

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wesley: 'Now, Mike, now, Mike, we can do this together. I dont want no problem."
    Mike: "Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill."

Now I know where he got that line.

Comment

Further proof that martial arts don't mean shit in a fighting situation.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
        It can help, but TBH who in the world would beat Mike Tyson in a toilets bare handed?

Comment

Charlie Zelenoff.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
            Charlie Zelenoff.
            You think too highly of yourself bro

Comment

i bet if you were part of mike's entourage you would have more than a couple of crazy stories to tell. Even though he's bankrupt and didnt have as great a boxing career he could have had, he lived a very full life to the fullest. People can live a couple of lifetimes and not come close to living mike's life.

Comment

Update on this story

Hello everyone. I'm bumping this thread to update the forum on what Wesley Snipes and Mike Tyson had to say about this alleged situation. Snipes said in a 1998 interview with Howard Stern that this story is a total lie. He says he never fought Mike Tyson and they never had any bad words to say about each other.

The interview is on Youtube. It looks like I can't post links yet. Check it out for yourself (search "Wesley Snipes 08 19 98 - The Howard Stern Show" - Starts at 24:29).

Mike Tyson mentions Wesley Snipes in his book Undisputed Truth, but he doesn't say that he fought Snipes. He says that Snipes broke the heart of a girl he was close to and they had a talk at an RnB club that didn't turn violent.

Here's an excerpt:

I spent a lot of time in L.A. in the late '80s. I had an apartment in Century City off Wilshire. A friend of mine was christening is boat and he had a party where I met this beautiful girl named Hope. She was with a girlfriend of hers and they arrived near the end of the party when the food had run out. I was sitting at a table with a big plate of food in front of me, so Hope walked up to me out of the blue and went in to a great Andrew Dice imitation. "Look, my friend will blow you if you buy dinner. Me and my friend are starving." I thought she was hilarious. I invited them to pull up a seat and I shared my food with them. I didn't get any feeling that she wanted to be intimate with me so we just became running dogs. She had a lot of girlfriends and I would say, "Hope, I really like that girl a lot." So she hooked me up. I became a big brother to her. She was always having problems with men. I would take one look at a guy and tell her, "Hope that guy's gay," or, "This guy will never care about you." I was really good at seeing through people's bullshit. Except for the women in my life.

We became close. Hope was going to college then and she didn't have much money, so I let her stay in the spare bedroom in my apartment. But we were just platonic friends. No one could believe it because Hope was so hot. "Mike, you're fucking her. I know you are," all of my friends would say. "I saw you fuck that ugly fat bitch, you got to be fucking this one." I became super protective of Hope. One of our favorite places to go was this club called RnB live. That was where Hope bumped in to Wesley Snipes. She started dating him while I was out of town. When I got back to L.A., she came to me crying. Wesley had broken her heart; he didn't want her anymore. "See, Hope, this is what happens when you mess with those kinds of men in your life. You need a straight guy," I told her. But Hope she didn't want to hear that. She wanted to hear "Why are you crying, Hope? I'm going to kick his ass."

Hope didn't get what she wanted from me, so she said to me, "Oh, and Wesley didn't get why I was, with you. He said, 'What are you doing with a guy like Tyson?' to me."

I knew that was bullshit.

A few days later I made plans to meet Hope at RnB. I sat next to her and asked her how school was, when we saw Wesley Snipes walk in. I excused myself and walked over to him. Wesley looked up, saw me, and panicked.

"Mike, please don't hit me in my face, that's how I make a living," he said.

"Man, don't worry about that thing with Hope. She's just hurt."

We both laughed about it.
                It's interesting to me that both Mike Tyson and Rudy Gonzalez mention a girl named Hope who was involved with Wesley Snipes. But Tyson says they were just close friends and says nothing about being jealous of Snipes or fighting him in a bathroom. Tyson does suggest that Snipes was intimidated by him when he confronted him and Snipes in the interview insists that he would never fight Mike Tyson, sounding afraid of the idea.

Since neither person says a fight happened I think Tyson's bodyguard was telling lies.

Originally posted by ßringer View Post
                It depends on which Martial Arts you're using. Some are more practical than others. I think that Mixed Martial Arts is very useful in a fight. You don't need all of the flashy stuff they do in movies just the basic striking and grappling techniques will do. Mike Tyson in his prime was a dangerous opponent. He was a world class Boxer with a lot of street fighting experience. I think it would take a high caliber Martial Artist with a lot of street fighting experience to beat him. Snipes doesn't sound like he'd be up to the task but some modern MMA fighters and hardcore Martial Artists probably could.
                Last edited by MysticNinjaJay; 07-18-2014, 06:27 PM.

Comment

I lol'd

Comment

Mike dat cat doe!

Comment

Any pics of "Hope"?

I saw a Tyson interview on Stern when he said he didn't like it when guys were willing to fight him in the street because he didn't want to fight, he'd be thinking "why couldn't you just be scared? now I have to go through with it".

Comment

Working...
                      X