Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tips for hanging a heavy bag in apartment?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tips for hanging a heavy bag in apartment?

I’m getting a heavy punch bag soon (70Kg). It’s just under 300 dollars but I’ve done my research. I’d have no qualms buying it except for one reason –hanging it. At home I’d have no problem hanging it as I live on a farm where there’s ample space and strong supports. However I’m only permanently home from May – Sept. and for Dec. (Christmas) and for 2 weeks in March because I’m at college 182 Km away (as the crow flies) and it’s a minimum 3 hours journey (I rarely go home during the Semester.) So I’d only get use out of it during the holidays. On top of this I only have 2 more undergraduate years at college where the academic year contains the aforementioned ‘set in stone’ holiday periods and I don’t know where I’m going from there (I’m scared!) or how the holidays will be which is why I’m cautious before buying the punch bag. But I really don’t want this to limit me. I wouldn’t have gotten so good at pull ups if I didn’t have my own pull up bar! I wouldn’t mind spending the money as I’d know I’d use it and transporting it would just be like transporting an extra suitcase (I aim to be a VERY heavy puncher and hitting and bag is something I’m always in the mood for!) But if I was going anywhere I’d at worst be living in an apartment/flat so how would I hang it up there? I’ve seen some guys on YouTube use ‘door – frame’ pull up bars to hang up their heavy bag of a door frame and they say it works great (that the bar can support 136Kg anyway) and that there’s not much noise. Any other tips (or past experiences) on how buying a punch bag and hanging it worked out?

Thanks to all in advance.

My heavy bag at home hangs under my pattio and at my work site I have welded a frame onto the side of a seacontainer.

One thing is for sure, heavy bags always makes a lot of noise.

Hanging a heavy bag in a door frame must be very limiting and difficult.

Maybe check out some wall and roof mounts so you have more freedom to move around the bag if you plan to set it up at your apartment.

You could setup your heavy bag at the farm and join a boxing gym while you are studying?

Comment

I have a really good tip for you...don't.

Comment

Comment

do not put a heavy bag in an apartment.

Comment

If you put a heavy bag on an apartment you're getting kicked out.

Comment

Originally posted by Rammstein View Post
              I'm sure he thinks he's the reincarnation of Sonny Liston after that.

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post
                I have a really good tip for you...don't.
                This lol, an apartment is a horrible place for it, trust me I know, I am an AM boxer and I can't wait until I move back into a house so I can set up m own mini gym because as of right now to hit any bag I have to drive to my gym, and it isn't exactly around the corner, lol.

Comment

Just throw a chain over a beam, get Col. Hans Landa comfy in a harness, hook the chain up to the harness and pull Col. Hans Landa up to a preferable height for punching. Now Col. Hans Landa can say that he is or has been involved in the sport........
                  Last edited by Rockin'; 07-13-2014, 10:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
                    Just throw a chain over a beam, get Col. Hans Landa comfy in a harness, hook the chain up to the harness and pull Col. Hans Landa up to a preferable height for punching. Now Col. Hans Landa can say that he is or has been involved in the sport........
                    I have actually been involved in the sport I have pics of me at the gym,training and sparring... Mind you I wasn't ktfo in a round by a washroom attendant

Comment

Working...
                    X