Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: Thurman Wouldn't Have Much of a Chance Against Crawford

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Realizniguhnit View Post
    On a skill 4 skill level Crawford is probably the closest to Floyd as far as It doesn't look spectacular from the outside he's not the fastest or strongest and looks venerable at times but the skill gets him through fights an he finds a way to win fights.

Thurman is really not as big as he thinks he is and people act like some Folks can't grow into 147 over time well Bud has and he's now a bigger specimen than Thurman is physically and Thurman with his wide swinging punches would get clipped imo

who the hell has be beat to make that claim? Smaller Gamboa and bunch of B level guys?

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post
      Garcia, if he even has just one functioning brain cell, is never getting in with Spence. That is just a road-kill show.

At this point Danny is basically done as an effective welterweight - he doesn't have the power at 147 unless matched up with an immobile/poor defence type of opponent.

Best fight for him is a rematch with Khan or Lucas.
      was garcia ever an effective welterweight? fought peterson at 143 and looked horrible. beat a shot paulie and a shot guerrero(both guys should have lost 3 of 4 going into the garcia fight). this guy was not some top contender. i think people were fooled once again by that magic undefeated record instead of focusing on the substance and he didnt have very much.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
        was garcia ever an effective welterweight? fought peterson at 143 and looked horrible. beat a shot paulie and a shot guerrero(both guys should have lost 3 of 4 going into the garcia fight). this guy was not some top contender. i think people were fooled once again by that magic undefeated record instead of focusing on the substance and he didnt have very much.
        correct. But he was hyped as one as soon as he stepped up. People just assumed he would be effective. Same as with Crawford. But I have a feeling Crawford is already top 3 - its just a case of getting the fights made

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post
          correct. But he was hyped as one as soon as he stepped up. People just assumed he would be effective. Same as with Crawford. But I have a feeling Crawford is already top 3 - its just a case of getting the fights made
          why would they assume that? he looked trash against herrera. trash against peterson. oh he looked better agaisnt the shot guys he fought what a shocker!!! crawford will probably be better than garcia simply because hes a much better fighter. garcia was basic and overhyped for beating khan and getting a tony weeks assisted win over matthysse. when postol ko'd matthysse no one even cared but because garcia had such low standards it was an amazing win. this is why its always good to have low standards and never impress anyone.

Comment

Crawford is talented but let's see how he does at Welter first. Spence is the main guy at Welter for me, especially from the time we heard he busted Floyd up in sparring. He was on my radar from that point and I can see everyone avoid him in their own way.

Comment

Not so sure about this statement, Crawford was really struggling with Gamboa and even got rocked early on in that fight. Ultimately the size and physical strength difference told in that fight.

Against Thurman he would be fighting someone who is pretty much the same height and probably slightly bigger physically. Thurman has good movement is technically good and probably hits harder than anyone Crawford has fought before. To say he wouldnt have a chance is silly.

Comment

Typical Top Rank! Talk about Spence Jr. & Thurman, but actually fight Jeff Horn!

Comment

Crawford is the quicker fighter and a little more versatile but Thurman is huge and can box. He's not slow as Postol or Indongo and definitely not a mini fighter like Gamboa. People forget Gamboa was doing very well against Crawford for quite a few rounds. The same Gamboa that looked like crap one fight before Crawford and no better since. Crawford has a lot to prove at WW before making those kinds of claims against the top guy in the division.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
                    Based on what? The razor thin margin of his victories over Porter and Garcia?
                    Garcia not razor. Porter however wasnt razor it was a close win for Porter or a draw.

Comment

Originally posted by LetOutTheCage View Post
                      Not so sure about this statement, Crawford was really struggling with Gamboa and even got rocked early on in that fight. Ultimately the size and physical strength difference told in that fight.

Against Thurman he would be fighting someone who is pretty much the same height and probably slightly bigger physically. Thurman has good movement is technically good and probably hits harder than anyone Crawford has fought before. To say he wouldnt have a chance is silly.
                      and floyd got rocked vs corley. it happens. crawford made adjustements and destroyed him. difference is gamboa was one of the best fighters in boxing and corely was just a fringe contender. if thurman can knock out crawford then so be it but crawford is going to adjust to what thurman offers and i dont see thurman doing the same when crawford starts finding the holes. he might fight harder but not smarter. and thurman is not technically good at all...
                      Last edited by daggum; 11-01-2017, 07:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X