Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What will/should Manny and Freddie's strategy be for Mayweather?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
    Throw a bunch of punches and hope you land a hayemaker.

Seriously..

If he tries to get into a thinking match with Floyd he'll be KO'd.

Pretty much all he can do.

Comment

Originally posted by Vito Corleone View Post
      Only a boxing novice thinks Judah imploded.

Isn't it amazing how all of Floyd's opponents "implode".
      I agree. The excuses are just ridiculous. People say "Mosley got tired after round 2", "Judah got tired after round 6", etc etc. It's funny that Judah and Mosley didnt get "tired" in any of their other big fights. Floyd just makes them look tired because they stop throwing because they are worried about what is coming back. This is what happened with Mosley and Judah. Whenever they let their hands go they were getting countered, So they went into survival mode.

I think Pacquiao's only chance is to catch him early because he cant outbox him. Having said that, Pacquiao will proberbly end up throwing 100 punches per round and getting countered over and over again. I can see this fight being alot like the Gatti and Corrales fights, but it will be more brutal because Pacquiao is a southpaw and Floyd will be hitting him with the right hand over and over again.
      Last edited by JK1700; 06-26-2010, 01:41 PM.

Comment

Have the fight @ 140.

Comment

its funny to hear this people say pac is goin to get koed LOL

if the the toughest body puncher cotto wasnt able to knock him down ones :/
          then now floyd? who wasnt able KO a smaller marquez and an old shane?

plain dumbness

aight ull be surprise to see pac slicker than floyd LOL
          pac can go slick watch delahoya or hatton fight
          and youll see pac can dance

if pac fights floyd he should play wise with floyd
          he shouldnt case floyd if floyd runs thats what all floyds enemys failed to do
          throw more accurate combo punches that will turn floyd into a defensive mode
          do straight left like wat he did to delahoya
          move to floyds right after a straight left then hit body

be the slicker and wiser one
          i know pacquiao is capable of doin this

Comment

Originally posted by lefthook2daliva View Post
            Have the fight @ 140.
            lol. Team Pacquiao's "catch weight" idea's wont work with Floyd.

He is too smart to agree to that bull****...

Comment

Originally posted by JK1700 View Post
              lol. Team Pacquiao's "catch weight" idea's wont work with Floyd.

He is too smart to agree to that bull****...
              the catchweight is just for floyd not cheat the weight to get an advantage over a smaller enemy like wat he did to marquez

you wouldnt want to watch another floyd - marquez fight right? where floyd look like fighting a kid coz he cheated?

Comment

you need a consistent Jab against Mayweather, stay with the Jab until you can actually figure out how to get to him, all this talk about "Going For The KO" that would be a mistake IMO, Mayweather is too defensive, people can't go by what "OTHER FIGHTERS WAS ABLE TO DO" boxing doesn't work like that

it is laughable when people say "well Mosley almost KO'd Mayweather so Manny will be able to KO him" lol

but honestly their is NO STRATEGIES for Mayweather, best thing to do would be to make your adjustments during the fight, they don't even know which Mayweather will show up, will he stand flat footed like he did against Mosley or would he use his superior footwork and stay outside like he did against JMM and just try to pick the smaller man apart and counter everything he does

Freddie is running his mouth to build confidence I guess but even he knows Mayweather is going to be extremely tough to figure out
                Last edited by sicko; 06-26-2010, 02:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vito Corleone View Post
                  C'mon....let's not go crazy.
                  haha i thought i took that off already

but i realized as soon as i posted it. haha

Comment

If Pac can't mix up his attacks and movements, Mayweather is going to pick him apart. Mayweather will get hit solid by Pac, if he gets hurt, I think it will change the complexion of the fight drastically. Another big factor I believe is how relaxed Pac comes in to the fight. I feel Mosely's down fall was in the first rd, because of how tight and nervous he looked, it appeared like it was his first mega fight. Mayweather is going to be quite a bit quicker than Pac, it'll be interesting to see if he can adapt.

Comment

Originally posted by viperz007 View Post
                      its funny to hear this people say pac is goin to get koed LOL

if the the toughest body puncher cotto wasnt able to knock him down ones :/
                      then now floyd? who wasnt able KO a smaller marquez and an old shane?

plain dumbness

aight ull be surprise to see pac slicker than floyd LOL
                      pac can go slick watch delahoya or hatton fight
                      and youll see pac can dance

if pac fights floyd he should play wise with floyd
                      he shouldnt case floyd if floyd runs thats what all floyds enemys failed to do
                      throw more accurate combo punches that will turn floyd into a defensive mode
                      do straight left like wat he did to delahoya
                      move to floyds right after a straight left then hit body

be the slicker and wiser one
                      i know pacquiao is capable of doin this
                      but Miguel was head hunting with that left hook of his most of the fight.

but was i surprised on how well Manny took his punches

Comment

Working...
                      X