No announcement yet.

tofu/bean curd

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tofu/bean curd

i've never tried this, does it taste as bad as some people say it does?

A lot of people hate tofu, You have to be really dedicated and nutritious to like it though lol....It is awkward tasting but as anything else it takes getting used to.

I recently made some Tofu pizza with pepperoni and cheese made from tofu and veggies...It was pretty good for my tasting.

Tofu is pretty good for you as well.

Comment

whats tofu?????

Comment

Tofu, also known as soybean curd, is a soft, cheese-like food made by curdling fresh hot soymilk with a coagulant. Traditionally, the curdling agent used to make tofu is nigari, a compound found in natural ocean water, or calcium sulfate, a naturally occurring mineral. Curds also can be produced by acidic foods like lemon juice or vinegar. The curds then are generally pressed into a solid block.

Tofu was first used in China around 200 B.C. Although the discovery of the process for making tofu is lost to the ages, Chinese legend has it that the first batch of tofu was created by accident. A Chinese cook added nigari to flavor a batch of pureéd, cooked soybeans; the nigari produced the curd that we know today as tofu.

Today, tofu is a dietary staple throughout Asia. This delicate food is made fresh daily in thousands of tofu shops and sold on the street.

In recipes, tofu acts like a sponge and has the miraculous ability to soak up any flavor that is added to it. Crumble it into a pot of spicy chili sauce and it tastes like chili. Blend it with cocoa and sweetener and it becomes a double for chocolate cream pie filling. Cubes of firm tofu can be added to any casserole or soup.

Comment

hahah copy and paste

Comment

What are the health benifits of it?

Comment

I usually buy a block of tofu, cut into small squares, and fry it in olive oil and curry powder. One of my favorite things to eat, it tastes great!

Comment

Originally posted by Konstantin
                What are the health benifits of it?
                tofu is supposed to be a very high source of protein, it can lower cholesterol, it's a good source of iron, and has many other benefits, a lot of vegatarians eat it

Comment

Working...
                X