Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any one else thought Marquez was about to get TKO'd?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MR. LARRYX View Post
    Guess people forget about the 1st round of the 1st fight when he broke Jmm's nose and floored him 3 times.....ive seen enough Jmm fights to know better
    That my be true but even in that 1st fight Marquez didn't look hurt in the 1st round. He looked frustrated more than anything that he kept getting hit by the left hand.

Pac vs JMM 4 is the only fight were i felt that Marquez wasn't the better man(until the knockout obviously).

Comment

"hurting Marquez is like pushing the ass whooping switch"
      This.

Comment

No not at all,he was hurt yes,but he always gets hurt,nothing new at all except he pushed Mannys **** in
        When JMM counterpunches he is usually ok, he usually gets knocked down when he gets a little too big for his boots and triies duking it out with his opponents.

But his face was looking pretty busted up when he ko'ed pac, i thought JMM would be stopped soon as did Pac.

Comment

Originally posted by elgu View Post
          That my be true but even in that 1st fight Marquez didn't look hurt in the 1st round. He looked frustrated more than anything that he kept getting hit by the left hand.

Pac vs JMM 4 is the only fight were i felt that Marquez wasn't the better man(until the knockout obviously).
          I think Pac said he thought he was going to stop JMM soon, that may explain Pacs recklessness when he got ko;ed, too much confidence can hurt you sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by elgu View Post
            I finally got around to seeing Pac/JMM 4 and I must say I thought the ref or the corner were going to stop the fight within 3 rounds of the 6th.

Don't get me wrong I did watch the work JMM was doing and I've seen JMM take a lot of punishment but Pac was literally teeing off Marquez at points.

BTW i'm a fan of both fighters and had Pac winning the first fight and Marquez winning fights 2 and 3.
            I'm sure that most of us agree that ALL of Pac's work went down the drain when he got KTFO. The same went for Sergio, had Chavez finished him.

Being the aggressor and showing "ring generalship" means nothing if you ultimately get stopped. Ring generalship means maintaining control of the fight...getting knocked out voids all of that, and ultimately gives the "near" winner a huge complex if a rematch occurs.

Put it this way...the more Pac landed on JMM, the more careless he got...as he did in every one of their fights...aside from the 3rd fight.

Comment

Roids.........

Of course Manny was going to stop him this time. We all know WHY ROIDquez was able to all of a sudden take super hard one punch shots from Manny this time. It's only one reason why he didn't go down from those punches and it had nothing to do with toughness. I keep getting red K but I am an established poster here and really don't care and I don't respond or argue and these so called fans get upset. I am a fair guy and based on what I saw, it was suspect. PERIOD. Marquez couldn't even put his arms all the way down when walking to the corner. That's how pumped his arms and wings were. This is a pure boxer/technician who believes that lifting weights is beneath a boxer and serves no purpose. Whoever can't see why he would cheat against his rival is stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by GOD-FR33 View Post
                Of course Manny was going to stop him this time. We all know WHY ROIDquez was able to all of a sudden take super hard one punch shots from Manny this time. It's only one reason why he didn't go down from those punches and it had nothing to do with toughness. I keep getting red K but I am an established poster here and really don't care and I don't respond or argue and these so called fans get upset. I am a fair guy and based on what I saw, it was suspect. PERIOD. Marquez couldn't even put his arms all the way down when walking to the corner. That's how pumped his arms and wings were. This is a pure boxer/technician who believes that lifting weights is beneath a boxer and serves no purpose. Whoever can't see why he would cheat against his rival is stupid.
                And on the same note, I guess it's safe to say the same could be said about Pacman's rise in weight, correct??

Comment

A new thread for this??

Comment

Originally posted by Suavecito80 View Post
                    A new thread for this??
                    Trying to find victory in brutal defeat is all they have left

Comment

he was no where near getting stopped. i'll admit that had the fight pressed on pac may have gotten the decision but that's only due in part to jmm's stiffness

that extra muscle cause everything to flip with jmm scoring the knockdowns and pac looking more fluid

Comment

Working...
                      X