Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Matthysse vs Lundy in Play For Alexander-Brook Card

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't mind this fight, purely because the spectacular KO will add some nitro to the Matthyse bandwagon

Comment

Lundy is my least fav Philly fighter on the roster....I have ZERO faith in that cat....still rooting for him to pull off the upset though...but I already know...smh

Comment

Once again Golden Boy making the fights the fans demanded!

Screw you Arum and Top Rank *shakes fist*

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
          Like I said. Golden Boy don't give a **** about Lucas Matthysse.
          Do you not get this is a fight to make Matthysse look great, the opponent doesn't even matter because the goal is to make Matthysse look like a killer, which is exactly what he will look like against Lundy.

This is them caring because him looking great makes a fight with Garcia better to the casual observer who wouldn't know the difference between Lundy or someone decent in the class.
          Last edited by The Gambler1981; 12-06-2012, 08:58 PM.

Comment

I like this fight on the basis I can't stomach Lundy & I can't believe how much hype he was getting from certain posters prior to his loss to the very ordinary Beltran (Thanks Beltran you won me a great profit)

They was actually trying to hype him as a threat to Broner & the likes.

He is going to get brutally knocked out.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
              And this makes him look like he doesn't deserve to fight Garcia, fighting Hank Lundy on an undercard. Hopefully Lucas is pissed breaks Lundy in two or three.
              Yeah this is definitely a step back from Soto and Ajose. And it gives Garcia another excuse that he doesn't need.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Philadel View Post
                Lundy is my least fav Philly fighter on the roster....I have ZERO faith in that cat....still rooting for him to pull off the upset though...but I already know...smh
                Nah Teon Kennedy is so much worse. That dude is just a walking KO

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                  Do you not get this is a fight to make Matthysse look great, the opponent doesn't even matter because the goal is to make Matthysse look like a killer, which is exactly what he will look like against Lucas.

This is them caring because him looking great makes a fight with Garcia better to the casual observer who wouldn't know the difference between Lundy or someone decent in the class.
                  He looked like a killer against Ajose and Soto already. And how much exposure are you going to get on an undercard of Brook vs. Alexander in LA on a date in which a card with Garcia/Salido andGolovkin/Rosado is scheduled?

Comment

Originally posted by chiguy91 View Post
                    why? lundy's a lightweight coming off a loss. i was hoping for a top LWW. i really hope matthysse gets the winner of garcia/judah next.
                    He is a LW but don't forget he missed weight which means it was time to move up. HOWEVER I do not agree with this fight, it's a bull**** fight.
                    Like I said. Golden Boy don't give a **** about Lucas Matthysse.
                    Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                    And this makes him look like he doesn't deserve to fight Garcia, fighting Hank Lundy on an undercard. Hopefully Lucas is pissed breaks Lundy in two or three.
                    Yeah this is definitely a step back from Soto and Ajose. And it gives Garcia another excuse that he doesn't need.
                    You guys just stole every word out of my mouth. Saved me the time of typing up a long ass post. All Im gonna say is, GBP seem to be giving Matthysse the Lara treatment in this one. It just doesn't seem like they give a **** or have any interest in making Matthysse-Garcia. They were gonna show case him on the undercard of Garcia-Judah and pulled him out to put him on a card that will probably not draw much. So he won't be getting as much exposure which will keep the demands down as far as Matthysse vs Garcia goes.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                      Do you not get this is a fight to make Matthysse look great, the opponent doesn't even matter because the goal is to make Matthysse look like a killer, which is exactly what he will look like against Lundy.

Like I said on my previous post, I don't agree with this. They are putting him on a card that won't get much exposure and people won't be demanding the match up as much as if he was to be on the Garcia undercard instead.

Comment

Working...
                      X