Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rewatched Ward-Dawson. Weight wouldnt make a difference.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weight made all the difference.. if Ward had gone up to 175 he would have been knocked out within 10 rounds, the weight-draining pu$$y.

Comment

You're kidding yourself if you think the weight didn't matter, good win for Ward and it's not his fault, but it's evident the weight drop affected Chad. Yes I'm aware it's his fault for moving down, but it doesn't change the facts. Dawson's punch resistance was almost laughable in the fight, this is the same guy that took bombs from Ademek, Johnson, and Pascal and was fine. You're telling me that Ward, a guy who's not known by any means as a puncher, was able to ragdoll a sturdy guy like Chad? Also add to the fact that Chad just wasn't able to put any offense together, Ward probably still wins at 175 but it would be a completely different and more competitive fight.

Comment

What happens when you put a chinny, gun shy boxer vs the 2nd least hit fighter (proven by statistics) in boxing that is also one of the most accurate punchers as well?

The only guy that gets hit less than Ward in all of boxing is Mayweather according to a stat HBO had, I think Dawson was at 3rd or 4th.

Dawson has been hurt and rocked by Adamek, Pascal, and Johnson, it's not like he's got an iron chin. And no you don't need tremendous power to hurt a guy, all you need to do is land CLEAN shots to the chin that guys don't see coming and that's exactly what Ward did, especially with the 1st KD.

Comment

I've never seen Dawson that hurt and get knocked down like that. This guy took a bunch of power shots from Pascal and Johnson without going down, Johnson hurt him but never sent him down. He also survived Adamek. These 3 guys have more power than Ward. All of a sudden Andre Ward has Chad Dawson's legs looking like a newborn Cattle trying to walk, with every punch he lands from round 1 to 10.

Was it Ward's fault? NO, he just accepted the challenge. Not a weight problem? Bullsh-t. Chad Dawson was severely weight drained.

Comment

People who says it doesn't matter have never had to lose weight for a competitive sport in their life

Comment

Andre Ward: "We have to risk, with these kind of fights we have to take more risk"

Comment

Originally posted by Larry.X. View Post
                He would have handled the shots better at 175 and had no energy imo
                this. I thought he looked pretty dead after the third round. I still think Ward beats him, but no way does he knock him out, and the fight would be closer.

Comment

I know the weight mattered, there isn't even a doubt in my mind and it is exactly why the fight was so noncompetitive.

Still I do think Dawson would have a tough time beating Ward even at his best but he could certainly give a way better accounting of himself.

Comment

It wouldn't changed the result just how long the fight went.

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
                      People who says it doesn't matter have never had to lose weight for a competitive sport in their life
                      It's different for younger people. But I think the weight did affect him. it's his fault for saying he would drop, I think Ward would beat him anyways but the weight played a role. Not a major role but it played a role nonetheless.

Comment

Working...
                      X