Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Ortiz beats Floyd would it be a bigger upset than Buster Douglas beating Tyson?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ortiz is young/prime comming off a huge win for a title. Floyd is older, been inactive, speculation that his legs are gone. etc etc. (i still think floyd wins, but after seeing an old mosely wobble him good, i think if ortiz got that opportunity he'd go for the kill)

Tyson was prime, huge KO record, view as not only unbeatable but you got mad credit if you lasted all 12 rounds. Douglas was concidered a waste of potential, non committed, maybe slightly above a tomato can. This was just a filler fight while we waited for Holyfield vs Tyson.

Its often considered the greatest upset in sports history.

Comment

Originally posted by Double_L View Post
      Lol how do odds even get that ridiculous? Why would anyone with half a brain (or millionaires who can afford to throw away money) even bet on Tyson with those odds? I don't get it at all.. you would think that the EXTREMELY attractive money on Douglass would've evened out the odds a little...
      I'd throw some wishful thinking money on buster douglas here, but it wouldn't be much. Maybe $50, but mostly likely only $20, just to see if i can win some crazy beer money or a tv or something.

But A bet on tyson against virtually anybody was considered a sure thing, he was so dominant.

Usually bets were placed on what rounds he'd KO his opponents in.

Comment

Put it this way, Tyson Douglas was in Japan.

THATS how big it was so you can't really beat it unless you get two Yanks fighting in another continent and an upset happens.

Comment

Not a chance in hell.....

Comment

Ortiz is like a 4-1 or 5-1 underdog while buster douglas was like 36-1 underdog

it would be like Alfonzo Gomez knocking out Floyd Mayweather in the 10th round at 147

Comment

Nowhere near it.Floyd is getting on and is inactive but still is favourite but Vic being young strong and skillful is a very live underdog

Comment

I would put this one more on par with Roy Jones getting KTFO by Tarver....

...and all week I have had the feeling like this fight will be just like that fight.

Comment

Going into the fight with Douglas the general sports world and fans viewed Tyson as invincible. There was no other heavyweight out there at that time that anyone viewed as a legitimate threat. Maybe Holyfield but he would have been viewed as an underdog as well.

Today people do not view Floyd as being invincible. If they did guys like Skip Bayless and Michael Wilbon wouldn't be picking Pac to destroy him. You wouldn't have these legions of Floyd haters talking about how he sucks and how he runs and all the bull****. Instead everyone would have a unified opinion that he can't be beat. And as you can obviously see that is not the case when it comes to Floyd.

If Ortiz were to somehow beat Floyd it would be upset of the year no doubt. But it wouldn't be the biggest boxing upset of all time. No way.

Comment

It isn't a bigger upset. I would say Floyd is a greater fighter than Tyson was, but there are too many factors that make Floyd being upset understandable.

It would be a hell of an upset for most people though.

Comment

Yes................ Floyd is unbeatable.

Comment

Working...
                      X