No announcement yet.

11 World Titles

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
    Yes he was. Floyd was lineal title holder at super featherweight, lightweight, welterweight and junior middleweight.

Manny was lineal at flyweight, featherweight, super featherweight, and light welterweight

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Floyd_..._boxing_record

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boxing..._boxing_record
    We were saying they weren’t undisputed (held all of the alphabet titles at a given weight) not lineal.

Comment

When there are 12+ titles with a 15 pound range, it becomes much easier to collect them. Another reason we should respect undisputed champions more.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
        NYSAC, NBA/WBA, WBC, IBF, and WBO titles. No lineal, RING, TBRB titles. Just world titles. I think Mayweather and Holyfield share the record at 11.
        - -So, by narrowing the focus, you've confined yourself to a new, artificially constructed world record is it?

I remember after both Tarver and Glen Johnson had toppled Roy from the equation, the ABCs wouldn't sanction their fight, but IBO did. In many other cases the IBO had the two top guys fighting.

At any rate, Manny holds Ring p4p records that will never be broken and far more impressive than your artificial construct.

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
          - -So, by narrowing the focus, you've confined yourself to a new, artificially constructed world record is it?

I remember after both Tarver and Glen Johnson had toppled Roy from the equation, the ABCs wouldn't sanction their fight, but IBO did. In many other cases the IBO had the two top guys fighting.

At any rate, Manny holds Ring p4p records that will never be broken and far more impressive than your artificial construct.
          I haven't confined myself to anything. Those are the historical world titles as recognized by the International Boxing Hall of Fame. It's a simple question really. No need to get your panties in a bunch.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
            I haven't confined myself to anything. Those are the historical world titles as recognized by the International Boxing Hall of Fame. It's a simple question really. No need to get your panties in a bunch.
            - -Your panties gonna have to remain in a knot.

The IBHOF is just another for profit org catering to the masses. They'd elect KSI an Paul if it served their purpose.

Tarver and Johnson the undisputed #1&2 when the fought.

End of...

Comment

Working...
            X