• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Juan Manuel Marquez vs Jose Luis Castillo @ 135

Prime for prime...who wins?

Originally posted by El Rab View Post
    Prime for prime...who wins?
    Castillo was too physical and would have come in the ring as a Welter. Have to favor the JLC who gave Floyd hell, beat Johnston (who also would have beaten JMM at Lightweight) and went to the wall with Casa and Corrales.

Comment

Castillo.....

Comment

jmm above 130 aint really ****......jlc at 135 was the best at one point till he got robbed .....

Comment

So Castillo wins just because of his size?

Comment

Originally posted by rabagiyo View Post
            pretty much and the fact that jmmm aint that good above his natural weight!

Comment

Originally posted by rabagiyo View Post
              Marquez is barely a lightweight, so size is a big factor in this fight.

Comment

Castillo came in at like junior mw on fight nights, plus he was a great fighter.

JMM is better p4p, but he's too small to win this imo.

Comment

Marquez is smaller and really, too stationary for Castillo. It'd be a good fight though.

Comment

I remember watching that JLC v. Floyd Jr. I, and getting so mad because he (Castillo) lost. Not because he lost though, but because the scores seemed so one sided. In my view it was a draw or a one-to-two point fight that could have went either way, but I think the closest one was like 4 points (115-111 correct me if I'm wrong).

I could see the fight going any way especially with the different types of judges and fighting styles. We all like different things, but I just thought the gap was too wide and it was bull****.

Comment

Working...
                    X