No announcement yet.

Does losing make u humble?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does losing make u humble?

Well currently I am 16-0 in the amatuer circuit. Lately ive just been kinda overconfident I think and I really cant shake it. My last fight I seriously wished I would have lost because it would have motivated me to train harder and longer, instead of bull****ing like I have been doing. I havent really won any major AM tourneys, just a few sanctioned fights in Chicago. The only major tourney I got into was the Chicago Golden Gloves last march and I lost by dq in the semi's. The next tourney in fighting in is a major one, and ive prepared for it like ****. Does anyone else feel this way sometimes or is it just me? is it just like pre-fight nervousness cause the fights coming up in a few weeks? also I havent even made weight so imma have to fight 152 instead of 141 which sucks ass.

it makes you humble yes, i lost my first fight (got thrown in the deep end so to speak) and i think it made me a better boxer

Comment

just one way for you to find out i guess

/still you have a great record.

Comment

Originally posted by King James III View Post
        Well currently I am 16-0 in the amatuer circuit. Lately ive just been kinda overconfident I think and I really cant shake it. My last fight I seriously wished I would have lost because it would have motivated me to train harder and longer, instead of bull****ing like I have been doing. I havent really won any major AM tourneys, just a few sanctioned fights in Chicago. The only major tourney I got into was the Chicago Golden Gloves last march and I lost by dq in the semi's. The next tourney in fighting in is a major one, and ive prepared for it like ****. Does anyone else feel this way sometimes or is it just me? is it just like pre-fight nervousness cause the fights coming up in a few weeks? also I havent even made weight so imma have to fight 152 instead of 141 which sucks ass.
        How come that loss dosnt count towards ur record?
        Yeah losing motivates u more, fuk when someone gets the better of me in sparring it motivates me to train harder

Comment

If you lost by DQ then how the **** can you be 16-0? Souns like you may have to pinch yourself to wake up from that dream! Most people in the am's know that a DQ does not equal 16-0 anywhere in the AIBA governed world!

If you are on a winning streak and lose a close fight, or a lose to a dodgy decision then it isn't exactly humble pie. In any case, if you were on a winning streak why would you need a loss to motivate you to train hard? Also, why would you want to fix what is not broke?

Comment

I'll join the choir: If you lost at the GG, then you're not undefeated WTF?? I guess losing doesn't make you humble...

Comment

Originally posted by PunchDrunk View Post
              I'll join the choir: If you lost at the GG, then you're not undefeated WTF?? I guess losing doesn't make you humble...
              The dude is full of ****. If he really did go there then he would have put 16-1. The only thing he needs to shake off is his dreams and delusions. If he really is 16-1, then he oesn't have a point anyway. 16-0 would be a good thing and why would you want to shake off confidence? Attention seeking annoying ****. This is the annoying crap I was talking about when I made that thread about gay shawn.

Comment

Originally posted by Eshays! View Post
                Yeah losing motivates u more, fuk when someone gets the better of me in sparring it motivates me to train harder
                Correction I wrote that wrong. It was a DQ because I had to go back to school in carbondale and the fight was not counted against my record. The fighter I was supposed to fight was not awarded a win and I was not awarded a lost. ...I am in college I go 2 SIUC and I had a test the time when my next match was so I had to go back to school. lol believe it or not I dont care who thinks what on this forum, im just asking for a little advice thats all...not trying to be a cocky ******* just expressing how I feel ( no ****)
                Last edited by King James III; 07-14-2008, 04:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Eshays! View Post
                  Originally posted by Rafael Benitez View Post
                  The dude is full of ****. If he really did go there then he would have put 16-1. The only thing he needs to shake off is his dreams and delusions. If he really is 16-1, then he oesn't have a point anyway. 16-0 would be a good thing and why would you want to shake off confidence? Attention seeking annoying ****. This is the annoying crap I was talking about when I made that thread about gay shawn.
                  dude....for one why are u so angry? like seriously I c u on these forums and u just bash everybody that says anything. If u want me to take pictures of my passbook i will lol....this forum is really funny to me. How about if u want to see if im annoying and delusional come to the Ringside World Tournament Aug 5-9 and talk ur talk....videos will be posted. Peace

Comment

Originally posted by King James III View Post
                    dude....for one why are u so angry? like seriously I c u on these forums and u just bash everybody that says anything. If u want me to take pictures of my passbook i will lol....this forum is really funny to me. How about if u want to see if im annoying and delusional come to the Ringside World Tournament Aug 5-9 and talk ur talk....videos will be posted. Peace
                    Send me the plane ticket and I will be happy to oblige.

If that was the case then why didn't you just say that? You said DQ and made everyone think you were a tit, which is what you sounded like. Well to be honest if that is your position then like I said you don't need to fix what is not broke. Just keep trying to progress and stay on top with your training and keep the confidence. If you are really 16-0, then I don't see where the problem is.

Comment

Working...
                    X