No announcement yet.

David Tua "Feets stuck to the ground"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David Tua "Feets stuck to the ground"

David tua is a unique boxer who stands out. Not only is he the only samoan fighter i know but that dude can take any punch bruh.He never fell to the floor.NEVER.H e lost three times but by UD.He never got knocked out. check his record. Thats some record right there.He you think ill win Prime tyson or prime Tua.Open mic. peace to all boxing fans and pro boxers.

Tyson on points.

Comment

That would have been an incredible fight.Very tough to say who would of won but I would probably go with Tyson because of his spedd and relentless attack.I think the ref would end up stopping this one after a huge Tyson flurry in the mid-rounds.Another scenario would be Tua frustrates Tyson so bad because he takes his shots so well that Tyson breaks down and starts acting the the animalistic fool that we saw later in his career much earlier.....

Comment

Originally posted by raesaad
        That would have been an incredible fight.Very tough to say who would of won but I would probably go with Tyson because of his spedd and relentless attack.I think the ref would end up stopping this one after a huge Tyson flurry in the mid-rounds.Another scenario would be Tua frustrates Tyson so bad because he takes his shots so well that Tyson breaks down and starts acting the the animalistic fool that we saw later in his career much earlier.....
        Hence getting DQed....i forgot to put that in there.

Comment

yea he was a real tough head ill give him that,
          but honestly i didnt find him to be impresive, or anything other than a hard hitting punch bag,
          just like the late tyson. imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Icy_Dice
            David tua is a unique boxer who stands out. Not only is he the only samoan fighter i know but that dude can take any punch bruh.He never fell to the floor.NEVER.H e lost three times but by UD.He never got knocked out. check his record. Thats some record right there.He you think ill win Prime tyson or prime Tua.Open mic. peace to all boxing fans and pro boxers.
            hes the only samoan fighter like pacquaios the only filipino fighter
            no this isnt correct
            just to show u
            hes the only famous samoan fighter

Comment

Tyson would have knocked out Tua. difference in speed and skill would have been tremendous in Tyson's prime

Comment

Tua was blessed with an iron chin and punch. But other than that, he didn't have anything else special. Tua might've given Tyson problems because of his chin, but i see Tyson winning in a TKO or UD.

Comment

Pacquio isnt the only Filipino boxer. His brother is another 1. TYSON BY KO. Even though Tua has a great chin, he would be overwhelmed by Tyson.

Comment

not a bad amateur

David Tua is rather a bit more than just a puncher with an iron chin. He was a good amateur fighting for New Zealand, winning the bronze medal in the heavyweight contest at the 1992 Olympic Games in Barcelona.

Tua's problem as a heavyweight is that he's short, doesn't have long arms and isn't very fast on his feet. He's not that slow, just not fast enough to catch up to excellent boxers within 12 rounds or so. In the 3 fights that he lost, there was a decent chance that Tua might have finally caught up to his opponents if the fight had gone longer. I wouldn't have bet on it against Lewis, but it was a distinct possibility against Ibeabuchi and Chris Byrd.

In evaluating a unique fighter like Tua it really depends a lot on what you look for in a boxer. If you like physically strong, iron-chinned, compact punchers with a clean style, and don't care if they lose a lot of rounds to slick outside boxers, then David Tua's your man. If you prefer classical outside boxers such as Muhammad Ali, Larry Holmes, the Klitschko brothers or Lennox Lewis then Tua probably "comes up short" for you. Personally I like Tua. I like real warriors more than I do slick boxers.

Comment

Working...
                    X