No announcement yet.

I need some advice for my shoulder.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need some advice for my shoulder.

IN my first fight a few months ago as I was throwing a right hand the guys head came into my shoulder and dislocated and fractured it. Luckily for me there was only about 15 seconds left in the fight and the doctor put my arm back in place and I was allowed to finish. I got a dicision and I was happy as a clam.

I have another fight coming up tomorrow on saturday and during training my shoulder was holding up fine despite the fact that I had been told it was 80-90 percent certain I would dislocate it again and need surgury. I was doing some light sparring yesterday and I threw a short right hook that was blocked and I felt my arm sort of jiggle I dont really know how to describe it but it hurt like a *****. Now today it is aching a little but not to much. My coach knows what happened but I am still fighting on saturday and theres no way I am pulling out. What I want to know is has anyone else had this kind of problem and is there anything I can now to help keep my shoulder a little more stable keeping in mind I have about 24 hours before I fight?

thanks

****, that dont sound good,
    dont have a barny what i'd do, soz.

Comment

no idea what to do but id try:
      ice it up and strap it for the night
      can you box southpaw so u dont have to use it so much?
      do that

Comment

stop fighting for a couple months. it sucks, but it's that or mess your shoulder up and never box again, not to mention have problems with it for the rest of your life.

Comment

I am going to see a doctor about it again after this fight tomorrow and I think I'll be able to get surgury on it ( paid for by the government of Ontario thank god) hopefully it holds up for this fight. It only seems to bother me if I try and throw a right hook and it gets blocked. So I'll just throw straight rights and short uppercuts with it and I think i'll be ok.

Comment

go out all or nothing and try to catch him with a lucky shot. if that doesn't work then fight one handed

Comment

Originally posted by boxstarr
              no idea what to do but id try:
              ice it up and strap it for the night
              can you box southpaw so u dont have to use it so much?
              do that
              What do you mean ? Everybody knows that the forehand must be used 80% and backhand 20% in offense. So, if you switch to southpaw you have to use the right hand much more than as an orthodox !

My advice is that you should go to a professional doctor and listen what he has to say. Health first.

Comment

Working...
              X