Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Andre Ward suffer from the same problems as the Klits?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Andre Ward suffer from the same problems as the Klits?

I mean, both are accused of being "boring". In both cases, I believe it's more of the fact that Ward and the Klits don't have anyone close to their level in their divisions. I can't see anyone being a favorite against Ward at 160-175. Also, while the Klits/Ward might not necessarily have any ATG fighters on their records, they still have some very good names on them.

The Klitschkos suffer from being in a division with very few good fighters, SMW is stacked. Ward has just gone through most of them his problem isn't lack of competition it's that he sometimes isn't exciting. He doesn't run from fighters and often it is toe to toe but it's not exciting. Dirrell and Froch are basically the only guys left and Dirrell has been out and now back fighting nobodies.

It will be interesting once the new crew of fighters like Degale, Groves, Oosthuizen, Rodriguez step up.

Comment

People accuse Ward of headbutting against Kessler. Even before the stoppage, Ward was well on his way to a UD victory.

Comment

Ward has a significantly better resume than both of the Klits combined.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi Vader View Post
          Ward has a significantly better resume than both of the Klits combined.
          I agree. Though, that's mostly because of the SMW division having better fighters than the HW division, at least ATM.

Also, if Ward had devastating punching power, he would probably be less boring. However, I feel that he's better because he doesn't have devastating power. Think about it. A fighter that DOESN'T have great punching power will usually have to work harder to win fights than a fighter with great punching power. A fighter with devastating power can sometimes rely too much on it.
          Last edited by VG_Addict; 05-28-2013, 12:11 PM.

Comment

Look lets be fair Ward is boring , but that boring is effective

Comment

Well!

In answer to your question.

Yes.

He's pu$$y...

Comment

NO, definitely not.

Wlad isn't afraid to fight in a foreign country, Ward is.

Wlad scores exciting KOs, Ward does not.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryn0 View Post
                  The Klitschkos suffer from being in a division with very few good fighters, SMW is stacked. Ward has just gone through most of them his problem isn't lack of competition it's that he sometimes isn't exciting. He doesn't run from fighters and often it is toe to toe but it's not exciting. Dirrell and Froch are basically the only guys left and Dirrell has been out and now back fighting nobodies.

It will be interesting once the new crew of fighters like Degale, Groves, Oosthuizen, Rodriguez step up.
                  Completely agree.

Comment

U would love to see sergey kovalev against ward

Comment

Working...
                    X