No announcement yet.

Could anyone knock out Vitali?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shade darkar View Post
    yeah, but to be fair margarito was still smiling at him! he is the best iv seen at taking a shot anyway.

Mosley beat the smile out of him by the end of it.

Comment

sure they could

anybody can go out if they walk into the wrong shot, especially at HW

foreman, tyson, and shavers are the hardest punchers ever. if vitali walked / punched his way into a big one he'd go out.

part of what keeps vitali from getting hurt is his defense. he uses his height very well to diffuse power and stay out of harms way. he's become susceptible to left hands as he's aged.

Comment

If vitali used the same game plan against a Prime Lewis that he used against a old fat and unmotivated Lewis, he would have been knocked out.

Let me just give one example. 6TH Round, Old fat under trained Lennox hits Prime Vitali with a massive uppercut, Prime Vitali hugs for the rest of the round.

The reason he was able to do that was because Lennox was 260 pounds of fat undertrained whale blubber struggling to breathe.

A Prime version of Lennox (Golota,Holyfield I,Grant,Tua,Morrison) would have followed up with a vicious 2-3 combinations and Vitali would have been dropped.

In fact if the fight wasn't stopped in the 6th(****ing travesty) even old Lennox might have koed him.

There is a reason, Vitali didn't complain about the stoppage at all until someone WHISPERED in his ears and he went insane, He was done at that point and he knew it, but some PR Guy probably whispered 'throw a tantrum'

Comment

Sonny Liston, George Foreman, Earnie Shavers, Joe Louis, etc.

Comment

The current version of Vitali could be KO by most of the guys mentioned. Currently only 2 active heavyweights have a chance. Haye has about a 35% chance, and Wlad would have a 70% chance.

Comment

Prime Lewis.

Comment

Originally posted by VG_Addict View Post
                I don't mean TKO on cuts or shoulder injuries, I mean put him on the canvas for the full ten count.
                Of course, and same goes for most fighters in HW history.

Comment

Originally posted by Ring Leader View Post
                  if guys like George Foreman, Ernie Shavers, Tyson landed flush they could have. key word flush!
                  I don't believe that any fighter within memory could KO Klitschko with one punch. But a long, rapid succession of lethal punches, delivered by, say, a Mike Tyson, could do it. Foreman couldn't because he was to slow and hiis combination punching was poor. Lewis couldn't do it, nor Sanders, nor Ibeabuchi, nor Tua, nor.......

Comment

Originally posted by FightScorer View Post
                    If vitali used the same game plan against a Prime Lewis that he used against a old fat and unmotivated Lewis, he would have been knocked out.

Let me just give one example. 6TH Round, Old fat under trained Lennox hits Prime Vitali with a massive uppercut, Prime Vitali hugs for the rest of the round.

The reason he was able to do that was because Lennox was 260 pounds of fat undertrained whale blubber struggling to breathe.

A Prime version of Lennox (Golota,Holyfield I,Grant,Tua,Morrison) would have followed up with a vicious 2-3 combinations and Vitali would have been dropped.

In fact if the fight wasn't stopped in the 6th(****ing travesty) even old Lennox might have koed him.

There is a reason, Vitali didn't complain about the stoppage at all until someone WHISPERED in his ears and he went insane, He was done at that point and he knew it, but some PR Guy probably whispered 'throw a tantrum'
                    You certainly have it all wrong. He didn't know the fight had been stopped, the guy hardly understood more than a few words of English. I think he was told in German, which he speaks fluently, that the fight had been stopped. The din was enormous, because it looked as if this very late substitute whom Lewish had avoided, and demanded an extra few millions to fight, was going to win.

To think Lewis would have outlasted Klitschko is a dreamland notion. Klitschko was fit enough to fight 20 rounds at top speed. He was trained by the Soviets since a boy, and was the world kick-boxing champion before he decided to be a full time boxer. He LIVED boxing with supreme confidence. Some interesting figures; he won the world title by early KO in his 24th fight -all KOs- and 2 1/2 years into his career. He had fought only 56 rounds total. He was a killer, and hunted his opponent from the opening bell.

Comment

Anyone with a strong punch has a shot, but is it likely? NO.

Comment

Working...
                      X