Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just watched Holyfield-Tyson again. Got a question for NSB.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just watched Holyfield-Tyson again. Got a question for NSB.

Just watched Holyfield-Tyson again. This version of Mike was definitely past prime, but he was actually still pretty fast and powerful.

My question is can a 96-97 past prime version of Mike Tyson (the one who fought Holyfield) unify today's heavyweight division if the Kbros were not around? This makes for some very interesting match ups.

Wladimir obviously beats the version of Tyson that fought Holyfield. But if k2 were not around, it will be.

Thomaz Adamek
    Alexander Povetkin
    Chris Arreloa
    David Haye
    kubrat Puluv
    Mariuz Wach
    David Price
    Tyson Fury
    Eddie Chambers
    Seth Mitchell
    Bryant Jennings
    Tony Thompson
    Mago
    Detontay Wilder etc.

How would a 96-97 version of Iron Mike have done against these guys?

Actually come to think of it a mid 90's Mike against Current Vitali will be very interesting as well.
    Yes
    76.92%
    no
    23.08%
    Last edited by chloelloyd; 09-10-2012, 03:36 PM.

"K2 obviously beats Tyson."

Comment

The Tyson who fought Holyfield in 96-97 still had very good power, he still threw some combinations (just nowhere near as fast or as many compare to his prime) and he still had good foot work. His total lack of head movement and his lack of stamina towards the later rounds was evident. His chin was still pretty good and he definitely still had that killer aura about him.

I wonder how that version would have done against the Haye who fought Chisora. OR AGAINST Chisora.

Comment

Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post
        "K2 obviously beats Tyson."
        The 96-97 version?

Nothing funny about that. You honestly think the Tyson that fought Holyfield can beat Current Wladimir?

Comment

That version of Tyson would definitely beat these fighters today. I voted no , because I didn't read the part where u excluded the Klitschko's. I believe they are very good fighters in their prime and it would take a prime Tyson to beat them. However, he could have easily caught either of them early and stopped them with this version, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Comment

Originally posted by RossCA View Post
            That version of Tyson would definitely beat these fighters today. I voted no , because I didn't read the part where u excluded the Klitschko's. I believe they are very good fighters in their prime and it would take a prime Tyson to beat them. However, he could have easily caught either of them early and stopped them with this version, but I wouldn't bet on it.
            Thanks for answering. In your opinion how do you think that version of Tyson would do against David Haye or Thomaz Adamek?

Total domination from Tyson or it will be interesting?

Comment

Originally posted by chloelloyd View Post
              The 96-97 version?

Nothing funny about that. You honestly think the Tyson that fought Holyfield can beat Current Wladimir?
              ARE YOU SERIOUS?? And you're the guy asking if a 96' Mike Tyson could beat the rest of the guys in the current heavyweight scene?? I can't tell if these are questions or jokes. Either way I find this funny.

Comment

I think a 96-97 Tyson vs Haye would be **** McGee.

Comment

Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post
                  ARE YOU SERIOUS?? And you're the guy asking if a 96' Mike Tyson could beat the rest of the guys in the current heavyweight scene?? I can't tell if these are questions or jokes. Either way I find this funny.
                  I don't get what you are saying or complaining about.

I don't think you understood my question. I wanted to know if people think that version of Tyson could beat everyone OTHER THEN K2.

I said I believe Current Wladimir will beat that version of Tyson. I EXCLUDED Wladimir from my question. I don't get what is funny or confusing to you. Other people got the question. Don't know why you didn't.

Just because a 96-97 version of Tyson would not have been able to beat Current Wladimir don't mean he would have lost to anyone else in today's era. Wladimir is heads and shoulders above everyone else today.

Comment

Originally posted by chloelloyd View Post
                    The Tyson who fought Holyfield in 96-97 still had very good power, he still threw some combinations (just nowhere near as fast or as many compare to his prime) and he still had good foot work. His total lack of head movement and his lack of stamina towards the later rounds was evident. His chin was still pretty good and he definitely still had that killer aura about him.

I wonder how that version would have done against the Haye who fought Chisora. OR AGAINST Chisora.
                    He still would have knocked them out easy. I have no doubt about that.

Comment

Working...
                    X