Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather - Cotto for the WBC Super Welterweight Diamond Belt ....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4CornersKid View Post
    I heard September, so maybe they are thinking of him for then and than Floyd in December. If that happens and Canelo smashes Kirkland, it makes a Floyd fight legit and good in my opinion. Floyd will still whup Canelo though anyway. I just don't see any options for Floyd, if he does fight in December, aside from Canelo or someone like Berto, if he beats Ortiz. He doesn't have many options for December.
    Well, if Khan wins he's a viable option. I don't expect him to rematch Peterson (also not to win).
    I don't think he'd take the winner of Berto/Ortiz. Canelo is his most profitable option. Of course there's Sergio who can make 154 (or 150 if that's what Floyd wants.. doubt it though since he claims to never do catchweights to drain).
    Most profitable though is W/O a doubt Canelo. I see him taking an easy match and then fighting Floyd

Comment

In September 2009, the WBC created its new "Diamond Championship" belt. This belt was created as an honorary championship exclusively to award the winner of a historic fight between two high-profile boxers.[1] The inaugural Diamond Belt was awarded on November 14, 2009 to Manny Pacquiao who won his seventh world title (in seven different divisions) via 12th round technical knockout over Miguel Ángel Cotto at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada, USA.
      Its a trophy people.

No need for a fuss.

Comment

Ewww.... so they put their hand in a WBO belt match too?
        Shoot, these guys will do anything to be on the spot

Comment

Originally posted by KING MEAT View Post
          itll only be worth fighting and paying for if its made out of adamantium.
          lmao WBC adamantium belt....

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
            I thought Serg was paying fees while he held their diamond belt or Espiritu belt... or w/e the hell he had
            I think he paid fees to stay in the rankings and to keep his mandatory spot.

Comment

We'll have the "WBC Irradiated Plutonium belt" next!

I dont mind if its a trophy thing, but if its starting to become an actual title with fees applied then the WBC are being greedy bastards. Martinez brings his to the ring with him all the time like its a title or a sign of the "lineal" champ.

Comment

Working...
              X