Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are you guys paying for boxing gyms??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nwo riggs View Post
    Im looking for an affordable monthly charge in nyc.... I can't seem to find a gym that wants less than 100 bucks a month. Im curious, what do you guys shell out to get a good boxing workout??
    I paid 30$ over here in Dallas,TX for 4 months and it came with a jump rope, mouth piece and 10$ extra for some 16oz Ringside Gloves but, then again its a local Police Station helping teenagers get off the streets

Comment

$57 monthly. I could do $90 to be able to spar at certain times but thats a bit too much.

I could also go to the gym Angel Manfredy came up in Gary, Indiana and its free, but its 1 hour 15 minutes long, 5 days a week and 45 min away.

Comment

€20 a month, but im so ****ing dirt poor that my local authority helps me pay for it up to €180 a year.

Comment

Originally posted by fordhamboxing View Post
          Clottey and Joseph Agbeko still train there I think. I train at the Morris Park Boxing Club and it's also $50 a month and is a great gym
          I used to train in the Morris Park gym before I moved to Miami. I am planning to go check out the 5th street gym that Angelo Dundee and his people opened up when I have the chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Be_kind_rewind View Post
            Have you boxed before? There's a gym in staten island new york it's free, The trainer Boxed most of his life, and his son is a proffesional 20+ wins 6 losses and he has another kid who's 2nd best amateur in the country and a decent gym... you'll get much more then what you pay for, but in this gym hard work get's you trained. the trainer isn't going to babysit you. Make sure you run everyday and prove it to him your working hard, and come frequently.. I mean **** it's free anyways.

We got 4 heavy bag

a small weightlifting room

a roped ring

and a bathroom

situp benches pull up bars... and room to breath. (well there's no ac so it's really hot in the summer.)

and we have loads of equipment to use if you don't have.
            The best gyms to me are always the raw gyms with no ac. You know, the kinda rundown looking one, when I see those I have more respect for that than those more pretty gyms.

Comment

65 a month

Comment

100 buck omg it definitely is rape.
                Last edited by saxofunk; 08-08-2011, 09:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by La_Vibora View Post
                  The best gyms to me are always the raw gyms with no ac. You know, the kinda rundown looking one, when I see those I have more respect for that than those more pretty gyms.

People are built more tough in those type of gyms, your given the real deal. W/o the worry of running some type of company and making money the trainers can push you , and always give you the option of being a ***** and walking the **** out.

Comment

Working...
                  X