No announcement yet.

I finally received my Winning 16 oz gloves, here's my review

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I finally received my Winning 16 oz gloves, here's my review

Okay, okay, all the waiting and sleepless nights are over(lol), i'm kidding.

In all seriousness, I got it on Monday along w/ the Asics shoes that Winning sells. I was also planning to get their headgear w/ a facebar, but they raised their prices(as if it's not expensive as it is), so I had to put gettting the headgear on the backburner. I might just get Fightgear's headgear.

So, here's my thoughts on the Winning gloves velcro, It's a great glove, I have nothing bad to say about it except the price, there's no way in hell that the glove is that great for the price. I also currently have the Grants lace ups training gloves, and personally, I think the Grants are up to par in quality and I think it actually looks better and by the way it's half the price of the Winnings. I even wore the Winning gloves on my left hand and the Grants on my right, just to really feel the glove, I'm tellin' y'all the Grants actually felt better, not by that much, but better.

I also tried on the Winning Headgear w/ facebar. Again, Winning headgear just like their gloves, it's built is solid, it's just a great headgear all around. Other headgears I've tried were Fairtex and Everlast. Winning headgear, hands down the best headgear, but for the price, f**k no. Now if a company's headgear can 100% guarantee that I won't get knocked out or suffer a concussion(lol). Then, I'll throw however much it cost. Since Winning can't make such a guarantee, better to shop somewhere else.

I used to have these Ringside gloves in the 90's, and I bought it for about $100-$130(to date, it was the best gloves I've ever had) if my memory serves me right, and those gloves I would say were just as good as the Winnings that I just purchased, too bad Ringside don't make them anymore. In fact, I've also used the current IMF-Tech's by Ringside, and I really think that Ringside makes great boxing gear for that price, you can't beat it, it's good quality.

It really makes me wonder why not more pros use the Ringside gloves, 'cause I've pretty much tried every top brand boxing gloves out there, and Ringside ain't no 2nd tier brand if you ask me. I would rank Ringside's top of the line gloves alongside the top brands in boxing!

So there you have it folks, Winning gloves are great, it lived up to the hype as far as quality and feel, but for the price, f**k no. It ain't worth it, man. To me, since I've tried virtually all the top brands out there(Grants,Cleto Reyes, Fairtex, Twins), Ringside has great quality and great price, ya can't beat it.

Actually, It took some feeling out for me to see how the Winning gloves compared to the other gloves I've tried. But the Winning headgear, when I wore it, I said, wow, best headgear, the quality was just terrific.
    Last edited by We want Floyd; 03-22-2009, 10:42 PM.

definatly worth every penny in terms of protection. Why didnt you get the lace-ups? i think you may have veered right there. anyway can you post some pics.

thanks.

Comment

un napoletano che parla correntemente inglese? che strano

DI dove sei? Io di Castellammare di Stabia.

Comment

Originally posted by mmrooms View Post
        un napoletano che parla correntemente inglese? che strano

DI dove sei? Io di Castellammare di Stabia.

haha, it is strange, i wish i could speak napoletan fluent but i was born in the states and have lived here my whole life that is why my english is so good. I do visit every other year, all of my family is there. My mother is from Pozzuoli, i understand a good amount of italian because she has always spoken it to me so i picked it up. I live in Clearwater Florida. FORZA AZZURRI

Comment

very imformative and helpfull

Comment

Originally posted by I3C727 View Post
            definatly worth every penny in terms of protection. Why didnt you get the lace-ups? i think you may have veered right there. anyway can you post some pics.

thanks.
            I didn't get the Winning lace-ups because I already have the Grant lace-ups(which I use for sparring only). And it's such a pain in the @ss to have to take off/put back on a lace-up glove when I'm in my Muay Thai or boxing class or have to take a water break.

I also purchased the hook and loop converter, but it turned out that it's also kind of difficult to get the converter to go all the way around when your already wearing a glove on one hand.

Anyway, I like the Winning gloves velcro, it's just that I don't think any glove justifies a 200 + price tag, hell no. Go somewhere else, I strongly urge to get 'em Ringside gloves, solid quality and great price compared to the Cleto's, Grants, Everlast and Winnings.

I would put up a picture of my Winnings and Grants, but this site won't let me upload pics for some odd reason. Before it did, but not no more, weird

Comment

Originally posted by May 02, 2009 View Post
              I didn't get the Winning lace-ups because I already have the Grant lace-ups(which I use for sparring only). And it's such a pain in the @ss to have to take off/put back on a lace-up glove when I'm in my Muay Thai or boxing class or have to take a water break.

I also purchased the hook and loop converter, but it turned out that it's also kind of difficult to get the converter to go all the way around when your already wearing a glove on one hand.

Anyway, I like the Winning gloves velcro, it's just that I don't think any glove justifies a 200 + price tag, hell no. Go somewhere else, I strongly urge to get 'em Ringside gloves, solid quality and great price compared to the Cleto's, Grants, Everlast and Winnings.

I would put up a picture of my Winnings and Grants, but this site won't let me upload pics for some odd reason. Before it did, but not no more, weird
              hmm, yea ive used all of those other gloves and they all offer very good things but none of them offer the whole package. For example, grant- lightest gloves, very comfortable lining but the knuckle protection is very low. Cletos- Good padding but made for people with large hands, the compartments are very wide and if you dont have large hands your thumb sits VERY UNCOMFORTABLY in the glove. The winning gloves just offer the whole package, best coloring finish, best protection for wrist and knuckle, best comfort, best durability (very long lasting i must add) and best broken in feel.

So i think the you get your moneys worth for the 230, they could be cheaper and that would be great but o well. I know everyone isnt gonna agree with me but im just voicing my opinion. This is just supposed to be an informative post.

If you go to Tinypic.com and hit browse then select your pics. You could upload them there and just post the links, that should work.

Comment

Originally posted by May 02, 2009 View Post
                Okay, okay, all the waiting and sleepless nights are over(lol), i'm kidding.

In all seriousness, I got it on Monday along w/ the Asics shoes that Winning sells. I was also planning to get their headgear w/ a facebar, but they raised their prices(as if it's not expensive as it is), so I had to put gettting the headgear on the backburner. I might just get Fightgear's headgear.

So, here's my thoughts on the Winning gloves velcro, It's a great glove, I have nothing bad to say about it except the price, there's no way in hell that the glove is that great for the price. I also currently have the Grants lace ups training gloves, and personally, I think the Grants are up to par in quality and I think it actually looks better and by the way it's half the price of the Winnings. I even wore the Winning gloves on my left hand and the Grants on my right, just to really feel the glove, I'm tellin' y'all the Grants actually felt better, not by that much, but better.

I also tried on the Winning Headgear w/ facebar. Again, Winning headgear just like their gloves, it's built is solid, it's just a great headgear all around. Other headgears I've tried were Fairtex and Everlast. Winning headgear, hands down the best headgear, but for the price, f**k no. Now if a company's headgear can 100% guarantee that I won't get knocked out or suffer a concussion(lol). Then, I'll throw however much it cost. Since Winning can't make such a guarantee, better to shop somewhere else.

I used to have these Ringside gloves in the 90's, and I bought it for about $100-$130(to date, it was the best gloves I've ever had) if my memory serves me right, and those gloves I would say were just as good as the Winnings that I just purchased, too bad Ringside don't make them anymore. In fact, I've also used the current IMF-Tech's by Ringside, and I really think that Ringside makes great boxing gear for that price, you can't beat it, it's good quality.

It really makes me wonder why not more pros use the Ringside gloves, 'cause I've pretty much tried every top brand boxing gloves out there, and Ringside ain't no 2nd tier brand if you ask me. I would rank Ringside's top of the line gloves alongside the top brands in boxing!

So there you have it folks, Winning gloves are great, it lived up to the hype as far as quality and feel, but for the price, f**k no. It ain't worth it, man. To me, since I've tried virtually all the top brands out there(Grants,Cleto Reyes, Fairtex, Twins), Ringside has great quality and great price, ya can't beat it.

Actually, It took some feeling out for me to see how the Winning gloves compared to the other gloves I've tried. But the Winning headgear, when I wore it, I said, wow, best headgear, the quality was just terrific.

Whoever told you that headgear will prevent knockouts or concussions, actually told you a bald-faced lie. If George Foreman hits you with 20 oz gloves and you are wearing the best headgear ever made you will still be carried out in a stretcher. Heargear was created to prevent or at least reduce cuts, especially around the eyes.

In general boxing gear is a very personal matter. What feels good to one boxer may not feel good to another. The only way to get what is right for you is to try different brand names. My recommendation is to always buy their top of the line products. I have always had good success with Everlast but I would only use their most expensive gloves etc. Some of the cheap stuff they make is clearly worthless junk.

Comment

Originally posted by potatoes View Post
                  Whoever told you that headgear will prevent knockouts or concussions, actually told you a bald-faced lie. If George Foreman hits you with 20 oz gloves and you are wearing the best headgear ever made you will still be carried out in a stretcher. Heargear was created to prevent or at least reduce cuts, especially around the eyes.

In general boxing gear is a very personal matter. What feels good to one boxer may not feel good to another. The only way to get what is right for you is to try different brand names. My recommendation is to always buy their top of the line products. I have always had good success with Everlast but I would only use their most expensive gloves etc. Some of the cheap stuff they make is clearly worthless junk.
                  Dude, when I made that statement, it wasn't meant to be taken literally. You're being literal minded. I was being sarcastic.

I mean, Winnings's headgear gets a 10 from me, but, no person in their right minds should spend $320 dollars, there are other quality headgears out there. Basically, what I meant was for $320 that headgear better f**king be able cook me breakfast, lunch and dinner and not get me ko'd or concussed. Ya get it, slow brain.

Comment

Working...
                  X