Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin - Has the Moment Passed?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xxlefthookxx View Post
    No, it's true. Lara, even Ward waited until G would have a fight signed, THEN call him out. And what did Lara do to warrant a shot? He never fought at MW, never cleaned out HIS division. Lara has zero claim, and his fanboys who say G avoided him are just as ignorant. Yes, most believed that G would crush Alvarez, but just as Hagler didn't crush semi-retired Ray, a 36 year old G couldn't 'officially' get the deserved decision in the first bout. Considering how close it was...what would a 33 yr old G done to Alvarez? None of the big names were eager to fight G when it would have been most timely, but given the business of boxing it is understandable. And 154-168 was only a mantra to drum up attention....when he started the string of MW defenses, there was no reason to 1. go down to 154 for anything not worth a ton of money 2. go to 168 for anything not worth a ton of money. Chavez Jr backed out on him, Froch turned him down for the only lucrative SMW bouts. Ward at 168?? How much money did Kovalev earn fighting Ward? There is your answer for how enticing that bout would be for G.
    Not getting in to deep on the GGG saga, but for the record, there was an article published on this very sight where Loefeller said not enough money to in a Ward fight.... so Ward to much of a risk..

Comment

Originally posted by JMO925 View Post
      Alvarez never avoided lil g. That's a fallacy. If i remember correctly lil g said anyone from 154 to 168 until S.O.G a 168 lbr said me then lil g kept quiet, hell even Lara a 154 lbr said me and lil g kept quiet. Lil g has been the most called out avoided guy ever. He chooses to fight unknowns and no hopers (vanes off a 2yr lay off comes to mind)instead of going for it. Why not fight Andrade and try to claim some of the title? Answer is cause he wants no risk. Alvarez on the other hand has fought high risk fights that he could have and probably should have avoided. The Lara fight comes to mind it was a terrible stylistic match up. I personally had it for canelo but i may be biased, honestly Lara stunk up the joint and it's hard to score rounds for guys trying not to fight. Also he took on mayweather with a weight disadvantage and when still too green. Anyways Lil g is a joke, a decent fighter but still a joke.

alvarez went back down to 155 lbs to avoid gennady golovkin. literally made his own weight class. oscar wasn't even trying to make the fight. they waited for golovkin to slow down, which was inevitable. you're willfully ignorant or just dumb if you don't understand what was going on at that time. lou dibella with martinez literally said he didn't want his aging fighter in with a puncher. the guy was the most avoided boxer on the planet for the 3-4 years directly following his migration to HBO and that's just a reality.

like a loss in boxing not taking away a win, dodging another fighter [in this case, andre ward,] doesn't mean you were not avoided yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by wrecksracer View Post
        GGG has horribly mis-managed his career. He should have fought Sergiy.....but we are talking about Canelo ducking. It happened.
        I think history will show that GGG and his family were calling the shots all along. He made the big decisions regarding his career. It certainly wasn't Tom Loeffler or Abel Sanchez.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
          alvarez went back down to 155 lbs to avoid gennady golovkin. literally made his own weight class. oscar wasn't even trying to make the fight. they waited for golovkin to slow down, which was inevitable. you're willfully ignorant or just dumb if you don't understand what was going on at that time. lou dibella with martinez literally said he didn't want his aging fighter in with a puncher. the guy was the most avoided boxer on the planet for the 3-4 years directly following his migration to HBO and that's just a reality.

like a loss in boxing not taking away a win, dodging another fighter [in this case, andre ward,] doesn't mean you were not avoided yourself.
          Last I looked he made 154 against Liam Smith??? 160 was a SHT division back then. Fkn Gimpy was ranked #1. Along with Blanco and Curbsize....

Comment

Originally posted by Verus View Post
            I think history will show that GGG and his family were calling the shots all along. He made the big decisions regarding his career. It certainly wasn't Tom Loeffler or Abel Sanchez.
            Don’t forget Jacobs was postponed over $500k.

And that LIFE changing money to Saunders with was the same Lemuix made.

Comment

GGG’s moment, legacy, belts, and 0 all hang on Cash Cow Canelo’s mantle. Right by his fireplace.

Comment

Originally posted by Young Money View Post
                He's talking about the article saying GGG was avoided. It's not true.
                Said many times before mate ,you and no one on this site are privvy to the negotiations nor the transcripts of who is ducking who and avoiding who etc
                So get off ur high horse and accept you are a keyboard warrior like everyone else on this site who don’t know **** all and can speculate all you like,Myself included.
                Some people on here go ****ing mad defending their fighter but nobody knows **** all.
                I am sure some people are going insane on here trying to get their point across but it don’t ****ing matter lol .
                Boxing is a business and they are trying to make as much money as Possible as we all are ( u gonna turn round and say you got dough and don’t need it blah blah blah ) bollox,it is what life is all about.
                I wish all the top fighters would fight the other top fighters but they don’t because of money not because of ducking.
                Why would they duck? Cos they scared? **** off.
                No fighter is scared of any other fighter.
                Styles make fights yes ,but it does t mean you avoid cos you do t like the style.
                Wouldn’t you wanna test yourself against other fighters styles?
                I know I would.

Comment

he looks amazing in latest vids, I think hes done but still has some wins in him before he rolls out

Comment

Last time out Golovkin was still fighting at a high level. I don't know what challenges he'll take outside of Canelo right now but he probably could have had a really good career.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
                      Many experts on record say Canelo hurts GGg in a 3rd fight.
                      Many experts picked Ruiz to lose badly against Joshua or am I mistaken.

Comment

Working...
                      X