No announcement yet.

Spence: If Crawford wants 50/50 he dont want the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
    Spence's one PPV more than doubled Crawford's two PPV's. Crawford's promoter has said the only PPV fight out there for Crawford is Spence. On the other hand Spence has a PPV with Porter and the winner of Pac/Thurman.

In what world is the guy with no options, and cant sell without the help of thur other guy worth 50/50?

Your hatred for PBC shouldn't affect your common sense
    At some point you have to factor in who he was fighting. They paid to see Garcia, not Spence.

Comment

Well it doesn't help when Crawford promoter is running around saying "They Don't Have the Budget" when it comes to Crawford next fight so he is likely headed back to Nebraska and is fighting a weak opponent

Yeah, if he collect the other belts and if his PPV's do better than Crawford vs Khan (which is likely will) then yeah of course he calls all the shots in that match up.

Also Spence Jr has a lot of OPTIONS! The Canelo fight is a mega fight, he can at anytime start working his way up in weight and start working towards that fight. He is a massive heavyweight and gets very heavy in between fights so 154-160 might be better for him

So 45%/45% with the winner getting 10% yeah that will NEVER HAPPEN...EVER! Not when Spence Jr has BIG Options!

Comment

Originally posted by DaNeutral. View Post
        Spence is the one talking about all the inhouse fights hes making and Crawford is at the back of the queue and then Leonard Ellerbe says pretty much the same thing, listing all the potential fights for Spence and didnt say Bud, when asked about it he even says he isnt required, hes at the back of the queue.

Bud has made it very clear and Bob Arum has made it very clear that they want to face Spence next. So with all that in mind who dont want that fight? Im a Spence fan, im a fan of both fighters but its glaringly obvious who is and who isnt in a rush to make that fight.
        If true then bob would settle for the split which I would bet he won't.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Wolf View Post
          Spence came out dressed as Captain Mexico and it wasnt a ****ing holiday. We know and he knows who sold that PPV.
          Too bad, now Spence is a bigger draw than crawford. Did more than double of crawford's PPV and put 40k in the cowboys stadium. This shouldn't even be up for debate.

Numbers don't lie and Crawford is not on an even playing field with Spence.

Comment

Originally posted by BoloShot View Post
            Pardon me I believe a three weight, one weight undisputed and still undefeated world champion is well and truly worthy of at least a 50/50 split with someone who's only ever held one belt above his head.
            it's 2019 and you still don't realize that boxing is a BUSINESS.

Who is the bigger draw now and who has more leverage in the welterweight division?

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
              Khan was a bigger name than Mikey. He'd already did 460k PPV's with Canelo.

Crawford's own promoter said he needs Spence. How can the guy with no options and needs the other guy command 50/50?
              Nobody and I mean nobody gives a hang about Khan in the US. His PPV base in the US, where the PPV was is completely zero here. That was 100% Canelo. That's why Canelo and a real dance partner like GG does 1 million buys.

Comment

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
                Wrong. Errol & everyone knows bob is hard to do business with. Bud should of NEVER signed with bob when his contract was up. Bad move by Bud. He should of learned from Oscar, T.B.E., cotto, Mikey, Ruiz, ect.

That's cow dung mate. Spence comes up with a different excuse everytime. Bob is only difficult when he thinks his fighter is gonna lose but he fully believes Crawford is the best at 147. Spence knows what time it is ad will not fight Crawford unless and until Crawford shows elements of weakness.

Comment

Spence doesnt have fans.

Spence-Mikey were Mikey fans.

50-50 is fair. Spence acting like hes negotiating Canelo-GGG.

Comment

WOW!!!! As a huge spence fan, i am very disappointed in him. I have watched him grow since the amateurs and the money got to him.
                    I remember the days he was begging all the big names to give him a fight.
                    He never talked money, He wanted to be pound for pound #1.

Fast forward 5 years and now he wont fight bud for 50/50. Spence is my fav fighter but really i cant even believe im saying this but who has he beat?!? His best win is who? Brook? ok brook is his best win, then who? algeiri? peterson?

He hasnt even fought any of the top 3-4 pbc wws yet. No thurman, no danny garcia, no pacman. He is getting ready to fight porter.

In my eyes beating mikey garcia didnt mean that much. Yes it was a lil meaningful but thats it and thats a stretch.

GGG stopped brook who moved up 2
                    wt classes. Spence went the distance with mikey.

This is so disappointing seeing that the money went to his head. Thats all its going to be about from
                    now on and again he has beat 1 top 5 ww.

This man has more work to do before he should be yapping about splits for the megafight everyone wants to see. I guess hes looking to be the richest now instead of being considered the best.

VERY DISAPPOINTED.

Comment

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
                      Asses on the seats gets you paid not belts.
                      Oh lord this dumb largely speculative argument again, Crawford makes more money than Spence. They can split it down the middle because believe it or not most people outside of America think Crawford is the better fighter of the two. But since Spence has the PBC crowd behind him I guess he can get his due. We'll see if he's up to snuff against Porter anyway, maybe that can sway figures.

Comment

Working...
                      X