No announcement yet.

Sergio Martinez : "I'm number 2 P4P behind Floyd, Pacquiao is not top 5"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Even Money View Post
    You can't be number 2 with Martinez's recent fight history.
    Are you serious? And Mannys recent fight history is superior to Martinez's? Manny's last 5 fights: 3 which Manny shouldn't even fought in the first place. Clottey after he lost to Miguel, Margarita lol?, Shane who couldn't even beat Mora? JMM who beat Manny, and Bradley. Yea, Manny's recent fight history is awesome.
    Last edited by Lords; 07-20-2012, 09:53 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
      Barring controversy, it is a great win for either fighter imo.
      I agree but if he runs through Chavez does that do anything for his p4p status?

Comment

• Originally posted by thoughtsss View Post
        Are you serious? And Mannys recent fight history is superior to Martinez's? Manny's last 5 fights: 3 which Manny shouldn't even fought in the first place. Clottey after he lost to Miguel, Margarita lol?, Shane who couldn't even beat Mora? JMM who beat Manny, and Bradley. Yea, Manny's recent fight history is awesome.
        I mean just look at the facts....

Originally posted by mathed View Post
        Yeah, you're right

Martinez' last 4 fights:

4-0....... 3 KO's, 1 TKO

Combined opponent record coming into the fights:

127-4-0

Your case just got thrashed!

Comment

It's loads better, Pacs opposition in his 7th weight class. When is the last time he fought a guy that never held a title, much less 2 back to back? What's his last divisional opponent not ranked in top 10, like Barker?

Why did the no 1 sww Cotto ask for a catchweight against post Pac Margarito, with one good eye?

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
            It's loads better, Pacs opposition in his 7th weight class. When is the last time he fought a guy that never held a title, much less 2 back to back? What's his last divisional opponent not ranked in top 10, like Barker?

Why did the no 1 sww Cotto ask for a catchweight against post Pac Margarito, with one good eye?
            Margarito was going UP in weight so throw that catchweight garbage out the door. If Miguel made him go DOWN in weight, then thats a different story.

Comment

• Originally posted by mathed View Post
              I agree but if he runs through Chavez does that do anything for his p4p status?
              For Ring probably not...for Yahoo and ESPN it might...and for Cliff Rold's rankings on here I'm inclined to think it won't.

My p4p rankings have floyd ward and martinez interchangeable as top 3...Manny and JMM interchangeable at 4/5...it does a lot for my personal list, but mine entirely revolves around "what have you done for me lately."

Comment

Margarito was going UP in weight so throw that catchweight garbage out the door. If Miguel made him go DOWN in weight, then thats a different story.
                Are you saying Margarito requested the CW? It's common knowledge, the champ requested to defend his belt at 150 against a divisional scrub, and settled for 153 lmao. Do you know of any precedent for this? Help me out

Comment

• damn, lost some respect for the man - im rooting for chavez jr now, even though he'll get his arse whooped

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post

He fights whoever is willing to fight him. Don't bring up Pirog because he would have been more than happy to fight him but HBO said no way and dude isn't going over to Russia to fight him. No one will fight the guy and the dudes that he has been fighting aren't scrubs, they are very technical, well rounded boxers.

Pac is fighting top ranked guys (no pun intended) too but his team is picking guys that Pac has substantial advantages over. Margs was bigger sure but he is a straight forward fighter who has little movement and is slow as dirt.

Cotto is also an inside fighter who they made fight at a catchweight. Bradley was moving up in weight and isn't known as a power puncher, Mosley was way past his prime and has terrible balance.

Sergio is fighting prime, mostly undefeated fighters that are all bigger than him, he continues this trend with Chavez jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by mathed View Post
                      He fights whoever is willing to fight him. Don't bring up Pirog because he would have been more than happy to fight him but HBO said no way and dude isn't going over to Russia to fight him. No one will fight the guy and the dudes that he has been fighting aren't scrubs, they are very technical, well rounded boxers.

Pac is fighting top ranked guys (no pun intended) too but his team is picking guys that Pac has substantial advantages over. Margs was bigger sure but he is a straight forward fighter who has little movement and is slow as dirt.

Cotto is also an inside fighter who they made fight at a catchweight. Bradley was moving up in weight and isn't known as a power puncher, Mosley was way past his prime and has terrible balance.

Sergio is fighting prime, mostly undefeated fighters that are all bigger than him, he continues this trend with Chavez jr.
                      Oh there's a bunch of 168ers licking their chops, but I guess 3 div belts is too ambitious for this guy.

Comment

Working...
                      X