Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Horn's Trainer: Definitely a Premature Stoppage - Pac Hit Harder!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

His trainer needs to apply for a cast extra in the TV series The Walking Dead!!

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
      I’m big on protecting fighters’ health; but it is a fight, after all. If a man is still physically in it, he must be allowed to continue. There’s always that outside chance of him scoring a KO, however unlikely. Now I know Horn was probably saved further damage, but stopping a fight because a fighter seemingly has no chance to win is like imposing a “mercy rule” in pro sports. It just doesn’t work that way. Horn was completely outclassed and eating hard shots for several rounds, but I thought Byrd was a little too eager to stop the fight. And it’s no accident I use that word.
      I agree completely. Officiating in the US has become too much of a problem and far too intrusive.

Comment

Does Rushton actually know anything about boxing?

His fighter is incompetent.

He doesn't have a jab.

He can't throw or land clean punches.

His corner work was basically just him doing a Stuart Smalley routine and telling Horn that he was good enough and could do it.

Comment

horn wasnt gonna win, if it wasnt stopped, crawford would ko him in the next round. what i will say is that in the same round, horn was more hurt in the pacquiao fight but it wasnt stopped.

Comment

I watched the fight without sound, I couldn't believe Byrd was stepping in. Half of the rounds there was not much action at all. And then in the other half they were clear Crawford rounds, but he wasn't doing a ton of damage in those rounds either; he basically just landed a few clean hard shots in those rounds, while Horn did almost nothing. Not to mention Crawford only landed once, I believe, after the KD.

I will say it is odd to see people say that Horn was holding though - 90% of the tie ups were from Crawford who would tie up when Horn jumped in to try and close the distance and fight on the inside. Horn has no jab/doesn't use his jab. So the way he tries to get inside is to be awkward and jump inside. Horn's only chance was to bring the fight to Crawford on the inside and Crawford did well to tie up, especially since Byrd was never going to take points/warn Crawford for holding.

Comment

Horn was getting cooked. Byrd knew that he was out of his league. He should be grateful he was sparing his brain cells.

Comment

Originally posted by greenarcher89 View Post
                His right. Horn was hurt more in the 9th round of the Pac fight than the Crawford fight.. the reason it wasn't stop? Your guess is as good as mine lol..��

The difference, Horn was competitive with Pac and actually won some rounds(Despite people screaming it was the biggest robbery ever). This fight at no point was competitive.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post

Sore losers! These frauds don't want to come to the U.S.A because they know what awaits them when they cross those lines.
                  That's the first I've seen of the fight and it definitely looks premature.

You don't think that was a premature stoppage?

Comment

Originally posted by McNulty View Post
                    That's the first I've seen of the fight and it definitely looks premature.

You don't think that was a premature stoppage?
                    It was man but Horn hadn't won a single round, landed nothing of significance on Crawford the whole fight, just got dropped, and Crawford was beginning to play tetherball with his head.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Wolf View Post
                      It was man but Horn hadn't won a single round, landed nothing of significance on Crawford the whole fight, just got dropped, and Crawford was beginning to play tetherball with his head.
                      I need to get a copy of the fight. Thanks for the reply.

Comment

Working...
                      X