Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s resume is outstanding.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
    It is a great resume there's absolutely no way around it and he is a great fighter. The problem is his fanboys who masturbate over him are on a crusade every day to tell you he's the best ever and that every other fighter sucks for a, b, c, d, e, x, y, z reasons and they try to bring down every older fighter too and diminish fighters they've never seen fight or heard of (straight to boxrec). Yet every one of his opponents is bigged up - just in the last 2 weeks and this thread I've seen a lot of his fanatics claim - Pacquaio was a great win for Mayweather but not for Marquez (i.e Pac was in his prime in 2015), Judah is better than Morales, Barrera, Marquez, Pacquaio, Hatton is better than Hearns, Duran and Hagler, Gatti was a better fighter than Tszyu, Corrales was a better fighter than Duran. Catch weights are evil but if Floyd does them it's fine, it's evil to fight a guy off a loss but it's fine for Floyd, it's harder to become a world champion in the 2010's than it was in the 1960's etc; etc; etc;

It's a great resume by an all-time great fighter but despite being the shot caller in the sport for one reason or another he only fought 2 greats his entire career and neither was remotely prime so he lacks truly special wins. He has a lot of good wins but it doesn't stack up against some of the absolute best fighters of all-time.

The fanboys cry if you place him anywhere outside the top 1 ever. Top 50 is a fair and great ranking I'm not sure why there's a crusade against that. If you suggest he's not the most entertaining fighter ever you are labeled a casual by a fan base that's made up mostly of casuals and fanboys with limited knowledge and/or respect for the sport.
    excellent breakdown and assessment...much respect

Comment

• [QUOTE=The Big Dunn;18215451]I was talking about historians who document what happened. I think casual fans only care who won and who lost. While Floyd may be his own boss, he can't force another man to a PED test or accept a $40 mil offer.

Historians, at least the totally unbiased ones, are going to look at who he beat and when he beat them. Point blank. Only you and floyd boys are going to acknowledge all the other excuses like ped testing, and all the other excuses that look weaker and weaker every time you mention them.

Unbiased fans will remember the facts. We know the opinions of those that hate Floyd or are fans of one of the guys he beat will present a skewed non factual version of what happened out of anger or frustration. Says more about that individual than it does Floyd or his career.

Unbiased fans that aren't down with the Floyd boy excuse fan club are haters in your book, and in the book of Floyd boys. Look at how you fools post. All I did was say Floyd should be held accountable in 2010, and you insist I am the biggest Manny fan, and hold some kind of grudge that he took an L to Floyd. You don't know how weak that makes all of you look.

Interesting, they faded out of site after Floyd ended their unbeaten records. Shows that Floyd really dominated them. Usually we give fighters credit for that. Of course you are suggesting it negatively reflects on both and thus Floyd's resume.

Maybe they were hypejobs to begin with, and Floyd exposed them as such. The fact that most of those guys went on to do very little speaks volumes. Floyd'll get a couple of points for that, nothing thats gonna put him in the top ten atg lists though.

You can't make Manny better so you always go out of your way to elevate guys Floyd didn't fight or lower the ones he defeated in an attempt to lessen Floyd. Is what it is.

We talking about Floyd here sir. You can't overexaggerate his accomplishments, or get anybody to take those excuses for making fights past their due date as gospel.

Comment

• [QUOTE=djtmal;18215499]
        Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
        I was talking about historians who document what happened. I think casual fans only care who won and who lost. While Floyd may be his own boss, he can't force another man to a PED test or accept a $40 mil offer.

Historians, at least the totally unbiased ones, are going to look at who he beat and when he beat them. Point blank. Only you and floyd boys are going to acknowledge all the other excuses like ped testing, and all the other excuses that look weaker and weaker every time you mention them.

Unbiased fans will remember the facts. We know the opinions of those that hate Floyd or are fans of one of the guys he beat will present a skewed non factual version of what happened out of anger or frustration. Says more about that individual than it does Floyd or his career.

Unbiased fans that aren't down with the Floyd boy excuse fan club are haters in your book, and in the book of Floyd boys. Look at how you fools post. All I did was say Floyd should be held accountable in 2010, and you insist I am the biggest Manny fan, and hold some kind of grudge that he took an L to Floyd. You don't know how weak that makes all of you look.

Interesting, they faded out of site after Floyd ended their unbeaten records. Shows that Floyd really dominated them. Usually we give fighters credit for that. Of course you are suggesting it negatively reflects on both and thus Floyd's resume.

Maybe they were hypejobs to begin with, and Floyd exposed them as such. The fact that most of those guys went on to do very little speaks volumes. Floyd'll get a couple of points for that, nothing thats gonna put him in the top ten atg lists though.

You can't make Manny better so you always go out of your way to elevate guys Floyd didn't fight or lower the ones he defeated in an attempt to lessen Floyd. Is what it is.

We talking about Floyd here sir. You can't overexaggerate his accomplishments, or get anybody to take those excuses for making fights past their due date as gospel.
        Yes, which is why Floyd's resume will hold and look better over time. When he beat the people he did, they were near the top of their game.

You like to pretend you are an unbiased fan just fairly criticizing Floyd's resume. When you are a disgruntled Manny fan. I am not the only one who has said this. You are who you are. Pointing that out doesn't make anyone look weak. It makes people see you for who you are.

Well, with all due respect, there are 2 lists, one that has him at 12 and the other at 18 I believe. May not make him top 10, but it surely has gotten respect from those that rank ATG's.

I don't over exaggerate anything he did. If the truth is excuses in your mind, so be it. Again, shows exactly who you are.

Comment

• [QUOTE=The Big Dunn;18215522][QUOTE=djtmal;18215499]
          Yes, which is why Floyd's resume will hold and look better over time. When he beat the people he did, they were near the top of their game.

it depends on who you talking about...oscar wasn't...pac wasn't...a bloated marquez wasn't...shane wasn't...cotto wasn't...even sorry a** berto wasn't...but b and c listers like guerrero, ortiz, madonna 2X, corrales, and corley obviously were....

You like to pretend you are an unbiased fan just fairly criticizing Floyd's resume. When you are a disgruntled Manny fan. I am not the only one who has said this. You are who you are. Pointing that out doesn't make anyone look weak. It makes people see you for who you are.

Honestly I don't give a **** what any of you say. I know who I am and am cool with who I am. You can't take my opinion on these Floyd issues thats you and your captain sav-a-floyd cronies problem.

Well, with all due respect, there are 2 lists, one that has him at 12 and the other at 18 I believe. May not make him top 10, but it surely has gotten respect from those that rank ATG's.

provide link

I don't over exaggerate anything he did. If the truth is excuses in your mind, so be it. Again, shows exactly who you are.

You are the chief overexaggerator and excuse maker
          Last edited by djtmal; 11-16-2017, 02:47 PM.

Comment

• [QUOTE=djtmal;18215566][QUOTE=The Big Dunn;18215522]
            Originally posted by djtmal View Post

it depends on who you talking about...oscar wasn't...pac wasn't...a bloated marquez wasn't...shane wasn't...cotto wasn't...even sorry a** berto wasn't...but b and c listers like guerrero, ortiz, madonna 2X, corrales, and corley obviously were....

Honestly I don't give a **** what any of you say. I know who I am and am cool with who I am. You can't take my opinion on these Floyd issues thats you and your captain sav-a-floyd cronies problem.

provide link

You are the chief overexaggerator and excuse maker
            If this makes you feel like you have effectively diminished his resume cool.

We just want you to be honest about it, no more no less. you do this on a daily basis. If diminishing his career wasn't your intention, you wouldn't lie and omit facts. You wouldn't blame Floyd for the actions of others. Only anger from the loss could make someone totally abandon their integrity and honesty like this.

I have. Chrismart has a thread on it. I might be off on the 2nd one.

Yeah, I simply point out the truth. If the truth was in your favor, you'd go with it as well. Instead, you go about trying to diminish it.

There are more effective ways to deal with anger and heartbreak.

Comment

• Top 5 all time resume. Nobody fought and beat more champions. Such a shame Pacquaio ducked him over some drug testing BS. Also wish Mosely would have given him a shot at 135 when Floyd was begging him. Glad we didn't see Margarito v Floyd, we pretty much already saw that exact fight when Floyd fought Baldomir.

Paul Williams was a never was. Floyd fought Oscar at the earliest possible time he could. Was begging for that fight for years.

Comment

• Floyd is the greatest of this era by a large margin and pacf@gs can't stand it.

Comment

• The only thing outstanding is the list of fighters he avoided in their prime, or ducked completely. It's a hof list anyone would be proud of.

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnny2x2x View Post
                    Top 5 all time resume. Nobody fought and beat more champions. Such a shame Pacquaio ducked him over some drug testing BS. Also wish Mosely would have given him a shot at 135 when Floyd was begging him. Glad we didn't see Margarito v Floyd, we pretty much already saw that exact fight when Floyd fought Baldomir.

Paul Williams was a never was. Floyd fought Oscar at the earliest possible time he could. Was begging for that fight for years.
                    Talk about rewriting history LOLOLOL. Pretty much everything you wrote is a lie. I'm not sure who you're trying to convince, yourself, or everyone else.

Comment

• [QUOTE=The Big Dunn;18215595][QUOTE=djtmal;18215566][QUOTE=The Big Dunn;18215522]
                      If this makes you feel like you have effectively diminished his resume cool.

I prefer putting it in its proper perspective

We just want you to be honest about it, no more no less. you do this on a daily basis. If diminishing his career wasn't your intention, you wouldn't lie and omit facts. You wouldn't blame Floyd for the actions of others. Only anger from the loss could make someone totally abandon their integrity and honesty like this.

I call it as I see it. I could care less what you or anybody wants. I can't diminish Floyd's resume no less than what it already is.

I have. Chrismart has a thread on it. I might be off on the 2nd one.

Yeah, I simply point out the truth. If the truth was in your favor, you'd go with it as well. Instead, you go about trying to diminish it.

I develop my opinion based on the facts that are out there and the fights that I have seen. Which is all of them. Your problem if you can't get with it.

There are more effective ways to deal with anger and heartbreak.

I presume this is you being sarcastic

Comment

Working...
                      X