Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Williams vs Martinez arguably the potential fight of the year is tonight!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoxingTech718 View Post
    You are forgetting though that it was Williams who got stronger in the later rounds and made a lot of adjustments. Mark my words Williams will be far more ferocious tonight he just has to not get ahead of himself.
    This also is true...i just read it after i posted...lol. It was Martinez who came on stong, but PW did better later in the fight, winning more rounds. So yeah, he can adapt and make changes too.

That's what makes this a great fight. Both guys are coming into the ring better fighters for the 1st. Having learned each other's style in the 1st fight, it's going to be really interesting to see how and what changes they have made to win the fight...awesome.

This is why i love boxing so much!

Comment

Originally posted by jazluvr View Post
      This also is true...i just read it after i posted...lol. It was Martinez who came on stong, but PW did better later in the fight, winning more rounds. So yeah, he can adapt and make changes too.

That's what makes this a great fight. Both guys are coming into the ring better fighters for the 1st. Having learned each other's style in the 1st fight, it's going to be really interesting to see how and what changes they have made to win the fight...awesome.

This is why i love boxing so much!
      One thing that Sergio did well though was getting inside and pressing himself into Williams' chest to escape trouble. Plus I was surprised at his heart he really showed me something by going toe to toe at times and not backing off. He will need to stick to Williams again and this time conserve some stamina for the later rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by jazluvr View Post
        I agree with you Reggie. I just watched the 1st fight again yesterday and both times i had it a draw, but I'm betting on Martinez's counter punching and maybe he can change and adapt a little better than PW can, that's what made me bet on Martinez.

But i really can't make a for sure prediction. I'm taking a chance on this bet. I see it as 55/45 Martinez. PW can win this fight if he fights smart. I'm really stoked for the fight tonight also, and yeah, we ARE lucky it isn't PPV!
        I feel a counterpuncher always fair a little better in a rematch, but Martinez was like 176 2 or 3 weeks ago, thats not a good sign. If Martinez didn't have weight issues, I'd back him 100%.

I think that that might happen also. And as a NY native your profile pic offends me. Damn that Reggie Miller!!! lol!
        REGGIE MILLER FTW!!!

Comment

I know whoever wins though I want to see part 3. I mean why not unless Williams wins by a dominating KO lets see it again.

Comment

I'm kind of thinking it might not be AS entertaining as the last one. but it will be a good fight no matter what.

Comment

Sad thing is SKYSPORTS are not showing us this fight after Kermit "the frog" cintron flew out of the ring last time out, SKY was trying to showcase Williams but Cintron ruin it for us over here.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetpea87 View Post
                I'm kind of thinking it might not be AS entertaining as the last one. but it will be a good fight no matter what.
                No offense but I hope that you are dead wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                  Sad thing is SKYSPORTS are not showing us this fight after Kermit "the frog" cintron flew out of the ring last time out, SKY was trying to showcase Williams but Cintron ruin it for us over here.
                  That sucks Cintron has no heart. Funny thing is he was doing fine. I guess he thought because he was up on the cards that he could make it an early night by hopping out the ring. I'm glad the judges game him a loss for that nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetpea87 View Post
                    No offense but I hope that you are dead wrong.
                    Hi Sweetpea..How ya been? I think it might be a matter of how interested in the fight any boxing fan is...i know sometimes watching a couple guys box, i get bored, whearas, somebody else might find it a really exciting fight. It depends on how interested in it you are or how much you enjoy watching them box?

I know I'm more excited about watching this one after seeing how close the last one was. i wasn't this excited before i watched the 1st one.

Comment

That sucks Cintron has no heart. Funny thing is he was doing fine. I guess he thought because he was up on the cards that he could make it an early night by hopping out the ring. I'm glad the judges game him a loss for that nonsense.
                      Yeah i had the frog up 3 rounds 1 if i remember correctly, I was absolutely delighted when they gave it to williams because you could see Cintron knew and thought he was up and he would get the W, The commentators over here were stunned, and you could tell they wanted the fight to continue because they wanted us to see Williams..But i knew they werent going to show us his next fight..which is sad

Comment

Working...
                      X