Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Big ups to everyone involved with last nights fight, EXCEPT...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure how anyone can scoff at 20-30k imo.. that's huge Cotto is coming of a pretty bad loss it shows his popularity. Paul Williams barely could get over a 100 for god sake lol...

I don't like what Kellerman said but it's true Cotto could get away with fighting a few lesser opponents at 154.. the guys resume is a who's who from 140-147 over the past 5-6 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
      Oh one more thing I forgot to add. Major props to the young lady that sung the national anthem. She had an amazing voice.
      Lol shes at alot of fights

Comment

Originally posted by WAR ENGLAND View Post
        Not sure how anyone can scoff at 20-30k imo.. that's huge Cotto is coming of a pretty bad loss it shows his popularity. Paul Williams barely could get over a 100 for god sake lol...

I don't like what Kellerman said but it's true Cotto could get away with fighting a few lesser opponents at 154.. the guys resume is a who's who from 140-147 over the past 5-6 years.
        Honestly i thought it would be 30k+ because everyone i know was talking about it, but few went and just saw it on TV

Comment

The weather forecasts maybe put a few people off..

Comment

Originally posted by WAR ENGLAND View Post

Obviously, I didn't see the fight on HBO but I don't like that statement by Max either. What Max isn't realizing, one reason Miguel has maybe the most loyal fanbase is because he is a warrior and he doesn't duck anyone. The guy fights the best and everyone respects him because of this. Max is way off on that statement imo and I'd be disappointed in Miguel if he started taking cupcakes.

Comment

Obviously, I didn't see the fight on HBO but I don't like that statement by Max either. What Max isn't realizing, one reason Miguel has maybe the most loyal fanbase is because he is a warrior and he doesn't duck anyone. The guy fights the best and everyone respects him because of this. Max is way off on that statement imo and I'd be disappointed in Miguel if he started taking cupcakes.
              Cotto has not only taken the best fighters out there but he has taken the toughest fighters out there as well, those kind of fighter that still did damage to him even in a win..

So i wouldnt be upset if he took an easy fighter inbetween fights.

Comment

Originally posted by yevskiy426 View Post
                Lol shes at alot of fights
                You remember her name? I don't usually get blown away by an anthem but I thought she did an amazing job. She is talented as hell. She do Yankee anthems?

Comment

You remember her name? I don't usually get blown away by an anthem but I thought she did an amazing job. She is talented as hell. She do Yankee anthems?
                  Jasmine Villegas and no she has done boxing fights.....she did the Pac-Hatton anthem too

Comment

I was there in section 312. There were alot of empty white seats on the floor. I think with a better undercard the place couldve done 30k. Arum put a joke of an undercard. The co main event was dreadful, i was just waiting for it to finish. Other than that, it was a great nite. $9 beers and $9 for a bottle of water.

Comment

Originally posted by gusto910 View Post
                      I was there in section 312. There were alot of empty white seats on the floor. I think with a better undercard the place couldve done 30k. Arum put a joke of an undercard. The co main event was dreadful, i was just waiting for it to finish. Other than that, it was a great nite. $9 beers and $9 for a bottle of water.
                      Thing is i thought that on paper the Greene fight was gonna be a good one but Greene didnt show up at all. It looked like he didnt wanna be there and stop fighting after the first four rounds.

Plus its 5.50 for a bottle of water but that $9 beer is crazy.....thats Yankee stadium for you though lol

Comment

Working...
                      X