So In 24-7 They Confirmed That...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

im for the test but id be madd asss hell

Comment

That is my biggest question. After all the money spent on the promotion, would everyone really walk away from a big money fight just days before it happens? No fight means nobody gets paid.

Comment

Floyd is already apparently dirty. Didn't you see the thread about the weird colored piss?

But i would be a little annoyed that it didn't happen but whatever. I will just UFC instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Makavelli View Post
          so you'd have no problem getting all hyped up and then on fight week, all we get that weekend is Friday Night Fights?
          Sure I'd be dissapointed, but it would be the fault of the fighter, not the tests.

Comment

Of course I'd be disappointed but wtf, someone tested positive for PEDs. The world isn't coming to an end. Bust that dude and let's keep it moving.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
              That is my biggest question. After all the money spent on the promotion, would everyone really walk away from a big money fight just days before it happens? No fight means nobody gets paid.
              The offending party wouldn't get licensed by Nevada and would be suspended shortly thereafter.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                To me that is part of the whole reason to have a third party testing. Would the state commission do that since it would be screwing themself out of tons of money, not just what the fighters pay but all the tourist dollars that get spent in the state which in turn helps to fund a states athletic commission.

Comment

This is one of the reason why the NSAC might be hesistant to implement OST. They would lose alot if they caught anyone, They would rather caught cheaters after the event so they dont lose out on money or disappoint fans..

Its difficult to know how anyone would feel since we have never really experience something like it before.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                    To me that is part of the whole reason to have a third party testing. Would the state commission do that since it would be screwing themself out of tons of money, not just what the fighters pay but all the tourist dollars that get spent in the state which in turn helps to fund a states athletic commission.
                    That is a very valid point. The thing is that unlike a third party, the commission would have the authority to cancel the fight. IMO the positive test would likely result in a hefty payoff to the clean party as opposed to the fight being called off.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                      This is one of the reason why the NSAC might be hesistant to implement OST. They would lose alot if they caught anyone, They would rather caught cheaters after the event so they dont lose out on money or disappoint fans..

Its difficult to know how anyone would feel since we have never really experience something like it before.
                      The NSAC is well aware of how many people are cheating and they've even covered up for some. No way do they want to implement testing that'll catch a whole bunch of fighters (and it will). And you know what happens if they DO implement it? The promoters will move the fight to places like Texas and then Nevada loses the money. THAT'S the reason why it hasn't been implemented...and THAT'S the reason why third party testing is, in essence, the only way to go right now.

Comment

Working...
                      X