No announcement yet.

Question...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question...

so i have pretty bad eyes. very bad. like really really bad. my left eye is like - 3.00 or some **** and right is -3.5 or maybe even worst now. Do any of you who fight amateur have that kinda ****ty eyes ? I didnt fight yet but i will be soon. i spar a lot but obviously its kinda blurry for me...im just wondering am i the only one fighting with this kinda eyes and does it really make a lot of diffrence ?

Depending on just how bad your sight is, you might not even be able to fight. An eye exam is part of the medical examination required before you can be approved to fight.

Have you already completed your medicals? If not I'd suggest doing so as soon as possible so you don't spend months preparing and getting ready only to find you can't fight because your vision is too poor.

Comment

lol to fight amateur you have to pass a medical and with bad eyesight you'll fail and not be able to fight amatuer so don't even try. I wouldn't even try fighting with bad eyesight.

Find another sport son or just use this for exercise.

Comment

Oh thanks a lot. you guys just ruined my day. ill go cut myself now.

Comment

If your eyes are that bad, you may want to consider having them lasered? Not just for boxing but, life in general.

Comment

its not like im blind or anything. i can see perfect with my contacts on... but without them everything is kinda blurry.. i do spar though without my contacts twice a week. but like these guys said ^ they might not even let me fight with these kinda eyes... ILL HAVE TO KILL MYSELF NOW.

Comment

I have -6.5 myself in both eyes. I'm not planning on fighting soon though because I've just recently started boxing. But I spar with my contacts currently. At first they fell out frequently but I noticed you can prevent that by wearing headgear with big cheeck protectors. When one of my contacts falls out and I continue sparring I lose depthperception, focus and get ill.

There are currently 2 eye operations which go til -8 I think. They both are 100% safe, even if you want to continue boxing. (one of them is called epiLASIK) If you want to undergo them your vision has to be stable (so it can't be getting worse), which basically means you can't do it while you're still growing.

I'm going to get one of those operations in a year probably, because living with -6.5 while boxing/swimming isn't easy

EDIT: for you it's probably still possible fighting, even without contacts. Because I remember being -3 and compared to what I am now that was like eagle perception But another problem for you is that one of your eyes is -0.5 worse than the other, which makes your depth perception a bit worse.
              Last edited by Hearnsz; 11-06-2008, 01:58 PM.

Comment

you shoulda thought twice before sitting on the comp everyday all day for the past 20 years

Comment

Originally posted by megadude View Post
                  you shoulda thought twice before sitting on the comp everyday all day for the past 20 years
                  I think most eye handicaps come from birth, atleast mine did.

Comment

Are you near sighted or far sighted? if your near sighted you can get laser eye surgery and its not that much. I have pretty crappy eyes too but theyre strong so I can focus them, everything is just smaller. I passed my eye exam because I can do that.

I cant get laser eye surgery cuz Im farsighted, if anybody should cut themselves it should be me :-P. However there are exercises you can do for your eyes, the air forces use them quite often for fighter pilots so you should google and look that **** up. Some of them have better than 20/20 vision now because of the programs theyre on.

Comment

Working...
                    X