No announcement yet.

anything other then sit ups

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anything other then sit ups

do any of u boxers out there have any secrets about gettin those abs workin b4 fights, i personally hate sit ups i wanna find a new way to tone my abs that isnt a rip off

i do sit ups alot...... try crunches, kinda the same thing but yeah, change from the old style sit ups.
    also, just lay on the floor face up, and just lift your legs up keeping them straight till just over 45 degrees then pull your knees towards your chest, straighten out, slowly lower the legs and repeat.
    heres the results for me -

Comment

damn, iight bro ill try that... mainly i hate sit ups cuz my lower back starts to hurt , i gotta get me a big pillow or some **** haha, hard wood floor + sit ups = WACK ... u a boxer bro ?

Comment

6 Inches - 30 secs.
        Torso Twists - 30 secs.
        Feet Up, Arms Out - 30 secs.
        Alternating Knee Ins and Bicycle - 30 secs.
        Elbows and Toes - 30 secs.
        Elbows and Toes (sides) - 30 secs. each
        V-Ups - 30 secs.

Go through 3 sets...

This is a great core workout... Hope this explains it well enough...

Explanation of each...
        6 inches - lay on your back, arm out to the side and raise your feet off the ground 6 inches...
        Torso Twists - Sit on the floor with only your butt touching the ground. Clasp your hands in front of you and twist to the sides using your abdomen...
        Feet Up, Arms Out - Same position as the torso twist but with your arms out, hold this position...
        Alternating Knee Ins and Bicycle - Same position as torso twist, do 10 secs pulling your knees into your chest then 10 secs doing a bicycle motion, then 10 more secs. knee ins...
        Elbows and Toes - Face to the floor, hold your body up with only your elbow under you and your toes on the ground... Keep your head up and butt down...
        Elbows and Toes (sides) - One elbow on the ground, opposite hand on your hip and side of your foot on the ground...
        V-Ups - Flat on your back raise your straight legs and your straight arms in on motion towards each other...

Comment

Originally posted by willywhyte View Post
          damn, iight bro ill try that... mainly i hate sit ups cuz my lower back starts to hurt , i gotta get me a big pillow or some **** haha, hard wood floor + sit ups = WACK ... u a boxer bro ?
          I have the same problem... my back gets real sore without a good matt, and sometimes even then. Some other excercises to try are dragon flags, hanging leg lifts and kneeling cable pulls... I'm not sure about the name of the last one but you kneel facing away from the stack and bring your head down to the ground, holding the handle behind your head. If you go to a gym they'll usually have machines you can use... if nothing else the crunch machines can be done without the back pain.

Comment

wow, thanks a lot to everyone who replied. you guys just helped me A LOT. i really ****in appreciate that damn, this websites great. im glad i found it.

I'll keep everyone posted on my training !
            planning to start amatuers september, so i really wanna work my ass of from now til then and get in really good shape for it

Comment

Originally posted by willywhyte View Post
              wow, thanks a lot to everyone who replied. you guys just helped me A LOT. i really ****in appreciate that damn, this websites great. im glad i found it.

I'll keep everyone posted on my training !
              planning to start amatuers september, so i really wanna work my ass of from now til then and get in really good shape for it
              how old are you son?

Comment

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
                These are my results from just sit-ups and crunches, I do them everyday

Comment

Originally posted by IronNick View Post
                  how old are you son?
                  19 , ill be 20 in june

Comment

Drink lots of water... for a month... do your core workouts religously everyday... last week of the month cut back on the water to normal or a lil less than what you usuallly do... then you will see the results... Thats how I got mine and lost weight. 1

Comment

Working...
                    X