No announcement yet.

want to get into boxing...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• want to get into boxing...

ok, i am 17 and i really want to get into boxing but need some info....
    -is 17 to late to start...
    -what should i do physically to prepare for boxing...such as weight lifting...
    -i am going to go heavyweight, i wiegh around 225....what should i do to prepare for this class...
    -and finally, how do i get into the boxing scene, would i go to the local gym and join a program or what...also how much would a program cost?? (cheapest/highest)...
    ---------------
    any info is great...

Its never too late to start boxing.
    Just go to gym and get urself a decent trainer.
    He will see what do u need to strengthen(prolly everything)

Comment

Originally posted by LXi_tuner
      -i am going to go heavyweight, i wiegh around 225....what should i do to prepare for this class...
      -and finally, how do i get into the boxing scene, would i go to the local gym and join a program or what...also how much would a program cost?? (cheapest/highest)...
      ---------------
      any info is great...
      I dunno its different here in Brooklyn than in Florida
      But the cheapest I've ever paid for boxing was $100 a month.
      And highest...well the sky is the limit.
      By the way whos popka is that klassnaya?

Comment

The boxing gym I was at was free

Comment

Originally posted by LXi_tuner
          ---------------
          any info is great...

Don't get your hopes up and stick with it. Chances are a trainer won't even talk to you the first month. He is busy with other boxers. And alot of the time People come in and want to box are there a week or two and get hit hard or don't want to train hard so they quit for some reason or another. So the trainer won't waste his time on newbies. Best bet is to bust ass your first few weeks and show you really want it. Don't bug him, he'll notice you if you train and stick with it.

Comment

so any large gym should have a boxing coach, and if its only 100 bucks a month...well thats awsome....
            and klassnaya popka is russain for nice bum...
            EDIT: also, waht can i do now to prepare for boxing....such as weights, cardio, balance, etc...
            Last edited by LXi_tuner; 04-25-2006, 09:10 AM.

Comment

You will want to run and do alot of push ups and sit ups and such before going in. When your running practice throwing your arms out and always hold your hands high.

If you find a gym in the inner city you will not need to spend alot of dough, but you will certainly have to fight hard. If you find a gym in the burbs somewhere you will not have to fight as hard but it will cost you plenty.

Somebody had suggested going to a gym and just start working hard from day one with out asking for to much assistance from trainers, best advice I have read in here in a while. Bust your ass and they will notice you and begin working with you in time.

When you step into the gym be a man, leave the child inside of you behind. It is no place for cry babies or people who want things to come easily. Its a place to work hard and grow with in yourself. Dont be surprised if you happen to get your ass handed to you in your first sparring session, this is common. What is not common is for the new guy that just got his ass kicked to show up the next day for another serving, and the next and the next day. Show them that you are strong inside and they will show you how to be strong on the outside.

Best of luck man,
              Rockin'

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin1
                You will want to run and do alot of push ups and sit ups and such before going in. When your running practice throwing your arms out and always hold your hands high.

If you find a gym in the inner city you will not need to spend alot of dough, but you will certainly have to fight hard. If you find a gym in the burbs somewhere you will not have to fight as hard but it will cost you plenty.

Somebody had suggested going to a gym and just start working hard from day one with out asking for to much assistance from trainers, best advice I have read in here in a while. Bust your ass and they will notice you and begin working with you in time.

When you step into the gym be a man, leave the child inside of you behind. It is no place for cry babies or people who want things to come easily. Its a place to work hard and grow with in yourself. Dont be surprised if you happen to get your ass handed to you in your first sparring session, this is common. What is not common is for the new guy that just got his ass kicked to show up the next day for another serving, and the next and the next day. Show them that you are strong inside and they will show you how to be strong on the outside.

Best of luck man,
                Rockin'

Great advice trust him he should know

Comment

Show them that you are strong inside and they will show you how to be strong on the outside.

Word.

Comment

Best of luck man,
                    Rockin'
                    Good info man

Comment

Working...
                    X