Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So why did America vote yet again for the worst president ever?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's strange, looking from the outside, how so many people object to, as they term it, "Obamacare".

To non-US posters, the idea of having to pay for medical bills is shocking. What happens if you break your legs and you're broke?

Comment

Originally posted by shogunn View Post
      I think most people form a political agenda from other peoples facebook posts and tweets. Unemployment under his 1st term, Obama expanded the debt more than bush's 8 years, and prices on almost everything is inflated to ****. Not to mention more people are on foodstamps, welfare, unemployment then ever before. Yet people are euphoric when they listen to him give a speech telling everyone they're gonna be ok. I think his voice soothes them, makes them feel better when they sleep.

I'm sure I'll get some sort of meme response, but that's expected.

i gave up on him a while back, but barack obama blew me away as an orator when he first came up. his '08 campaign was filled with damn brilliant oratory.

i'm not sure i'd call him a straight up fraud, but he's ceratinly fallen short of his promises. i think he's trying, he just has no business running one of the world's largest and most important economies.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
        It's strange, looking from the outside, how so many people object to, as they term it, "Obamacare".

To non-US posters, the idea of having to pay for medical bills is shocking. What happens if you break your legs and you're broke?

private enterprise is important to people over here. in addition, and perhaps more importantly, it's viewed as being more capable of producing a higher quality product. america contributes a good deal to the global medical community. there almost certainly wouldn't the funding for many of those contributions if the industry were no longer privatized. the quality of the product (medical care for patients and the medical industry, would suffer. i tend to think that in america's case, that point of view is probably accurate.

if you've got access to a top insurance provider in the states the medical care is damn good.
        and finally, medicine is a gigantic industry in this country. hundreds of billions are made each year in medicine. it's regulated, but it's entirely privatized. you may never be able to make the entire industry public.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
          private enterprise is important to people over here. in addition, and perhaps more importantly, it's viewed as being more capable of producing a higher quality product. america contributes a good deal to the global medical community. there almost certainly wouldn't the funding for many of those contributions if the industry were no longer privatized. the quality of the product (medical care for patients and the medical industry, would suffer. i tend to think that in america's case, that point of view is probably accurate.

if you've got access to a top insurance provider in the states the medical care is damn good.
          and finally, medicine is a gigantic industry in this country. hundreds of billions are made each year in medicine. it's regulated, but it's entirely privatized. you may never be able to make the entire industry public.
          Nah its just that as many people wont be able to be millionaires by treating common colds

The amount of money made off medical care is ridiculous, everything's about profit margin

Comment

Interesting. We do have private healthcare over here as well, but that's a choice issue. It does feel scary knowing that you need $$$ to heal.

When I was on vacation in the US I was in a hotel with a viral infection. Had to pay $$$ for having the ****s.

Comment

Red k'ing the thread starter for not being alive and a Highlander when George Washington was president to know who's the worst.

Comment

I guess bc John Kerry wasnt a good candidate....??

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                  Nah its just that as many people wont be able to be millionaires by treating common colds

The amount of money made off medical care is ridiculous, everything's about profit margin

you mean like doctors?

they make an average of 250 k in the states. you're a millionaire pretty quickly if you make money like that every year and you know what to do with it.

i understand your point, but it's not inherently bad that an industry is privatized. "profit margins" have to the be the basis of any capitalist indusry, man. you've got to pay your bills and have some room to work with at the end.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow boxer 3 View Post
                    Lol!

Nice.....

Comment

Your expectations of someone being able to fix this gigantic mess in 4 years time is comically unrealistic. You blame the guy for this and that, he didn't ask for this mess, he just inherited it and he did he best to fix it.

If someone else had been elected in 2008, it would have been the same result and you'd be sitting here whining about that person being terrible.

Romney wasn't any better of a candidate than Obama. If dumbass motherfukers in the forsaken country were even slightly clued in, a great candidate like Gary Johnson may have had a chance.

Comment

Working...
                      X