Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Mistake EVERYBODY Makes Against Mayweather.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if ricky hatton had defence...

Comment

Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post
      I'm not talking as a FAN. I'm talking as an OPPONENT.

Would I rather lose aggressively...or win boring?
      winning is everything but i think u would have to use great headmovement comming forward.....

duran would have the style(prime duran)

Comment

One thing that always intrigues me is his opponents don't seem to be more inventive in their approach. They head hunt and he shoulder rolls. They try to bring a left to the body and he counters with the right.

I would forget about trying to land clean shots. I'd step back a bit and take what's easily available, or indeed just given.

1. The left bicep. He has no way of defending this. If you hit him in the arm for 5-6 rounds it will start to hurt, a lot.

2. He stands very side-on. I'd go just above the left hip.

As an orthodox fighter, I'd just use my left jab/hook to the bicep, and straight rights to the area just above the hip - even venturing towards the kidney area and test what the ref will allow.

And from there I would try to frustrate him. Head movement, keeping busy with those basic bits, and try and take him out of his comfort zone by winning rounds with activity whilst keeping out of range by just targeting the bits of his body that are nearest with straightforward in-out 1-2 hits.

Something tells me that I'm not the first guy/fighter to think this though.

As Iron Mike liked to say, we all have a plan until we get hit.

Comment

^ yes just work the arms and the body and u will get an opppening eventually.

Comment

Mayweather is the fastest in boxing.. He's gonna hit you..

Comment

Judah kinda of did that early in the fight you need a very skilled fighter with great conditioning and handspeed to pull that off imo

Comment

I think this is one of the best threads out there about floyd in some time and I agree with the premise to a certain degree...I think it's a myth most boxing fans believe that the way to beat mayweaher is go balls to the wall and forget about defense, just attack and swarm like castillo did for the most part, I believe a fighter needs to be just as focused on his defense as his offense to defeat mayweather...I would have loved to see a prime mayweather vs. a prime winky wright, I think that would be a great battle

Comment

Originally posted by ghns1133 View Post
                  i think a really skilled swarmer with great headmovment would have to feint to get inside and then work the body....

sounds simple but it takes a special type of animal...

the fients would mess with floyds rythm a little but they would have to be really good ones...

find out what makes him tick try to exploit it....
                  But you would need to be a "natural born gym guy". A guy who won't use the same feints in round 3 and you do in 7, 9 and 11.

They would have to be DIFFERENT feints. And that's why it never works. Because nobody is more "natural" than Floyd, and he is great at reading offensive patterns because that is all he sees/saw since he was five years old. Guys coming at him.

For example, if you go back and watch the Hatton fight, you will see that Floyd tried that check hook AT LEAST three times in that same corner. People called it luck, but he was timing that ****.

Watch @6:50. He hits Hatton with THE SAME check hook. Landed well. But he cuffed it a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post
                    I'm not talking as a FAN. I'm talking as an OPPONENT.

Would I rather lose aggressively...or win boring?
                    floyd almost KO oscar with pillows gloves...

Comment

Originally posted by charlieg View Post
                      One thing that always intrigues me is his opponents don't seem to be more inventive in their approach. They head hunt and he shoulder rolls. They try to bring a left to the body and he counters with the right.

I would forget about trying to land clean shots. I'd step back a bit and take what's easily available, or indeed just given.

1. The left bicep. He has no way of defending this. If you hit him in the arm for 5-6 rounds it will start to hurt, a lot.

2. He stands very side-on. I'd go just above the left hip.

As an orthodox fighter, I'd just use my left jab/hook to the bicep, and straight rights to the area just above the hip - even venturing towards the kidney area and test what the ref will allow.

And from there I would try to frustrate him. Head movement, keeping busy with those basic bits, and try and take him out of his comfort zone by winning rounds with activity whilst keeping out of range by just targeting the bits of his body that are nearest with straightforward in-out 1-2 hits.

Something tells me that I'm not the first guy/fighter to think this though.

As Iron Mike liked to say, we all have a plan until we get hit.
                      good points but I'd counter that floyd's body defense is severely underrated and if your main gameplan is hitting his arms for 5-6 rounds, he's going to win those 5-6 rounds and leave you seeking a KO to win, and floyd can't be KO'd, he's too smart and defensive oriented for that

Comment

Working...
                      X