Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Saul Alvarez To Lose $70,000 For Failing To Make Weight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Saul Alvarez To Lose $70,000 For Failing To Make Weight

Anaheim, California - Junior middleweight Saul "Canelo" Alvarez will lose $70,000 or 20% of his $350,000 purse for failing to make weight for Saturday's scheduled fight against Matthew Hatton. The fight is under a contract agreement for a catch-weight of 150-pounds, although the vacant WBC 154-pound title is up for grabs. Alvarez (35-0, 26KOs) came in at 151.8-pounds. He was given two hours to lose the weight but came back with 30-minutes remaining and failed to make weight for a second time with 151.4 coming up on the scale. According to reports, $35,000 will go to Hatton, and the other $35,000 will go to the California State Athletic Commission. Hatton (41-4, 16KOs) weighed 149.6. The fight happen at the Honda Center and HBO will televise.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Comment

So they are still sticking with the 150 catchweight because that's their agreement, even though the WBC wants it at the full limit.

Comment

get ur shlt together canelo...But why the fck is the commision getting
        money those greddy fcks...Are they gonna be punched in the face as well?

Comment

dumb move by gbp
          i mean why the catchweight? i doubt hatton demanded it, now you cost canelo 70k

Comment

that is the weak sauce. Alvarez should just start fighting at 154. Catch weights are fine when appropriate - like when a guy is moving up two, or three weight classes. but to create your own weight class is ridiculous.

Comment

so now the guy comes overweight into the fight, knocks Hatton out and people start talking about how much of a badass the kid is without taking into consideration the weight advantage. ON TOP OF THAT, THIS BS FIGHT IS FOR THE WBC 154 TITLE... This is where professional boxing is a joke

Comment

Wat a disgrace canelo your hype and you cant even make weight hatton should get the full 70.000 and kno one else canelo by easy ko in 5

Comment

Although I think Catchweights are BS....this is disappointing coming from Canelo. If he signed a contracted weight he should have respected the contract.

Comment

Originally posted by elgranluchadore View Post
                    dumb move by gbp
                    i mean why the catchweight? i doubt hatton demanded it, now you cost canelo 70k
                    like it will matter. Maybe you haven't noticed but Canelo is being driven to become GBPs cash-cow...He will be fine

Comment

Working...
                    X