Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you rate Ricardo Lopez among Barrera,Morales and Marquez?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you rate Ricardo Lopez among Barrera,Morales and Marquez?

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Last edited by CTE90; 04-04-2020, 01:20 PM.

It would have been 3 excellent fights between them, but I think Lopez comes out on top and should be rated above all 3. I think he could beat them all in his class.

Comment

I rank all three above Lopez.

Comment

Originally posted by Mastrangelo View Post
        I just finished watching Ricardo Lopez career set and started thinking about it. Before I get to see anything from Finito I heard how amazing fighter he was and most of the people seem to rate him above featherweights super 3 in Morales, Marquez and Barrera. Now it's not that I think Ricardo is not great fighter, because he's way above anyone who ever fought as strawweight, but after watching his entire career I'm rather disappointed considering what I heard about him.
        His level of opposition was way below any of other 3 Mexican fighters I mentioned, only one of his opponents can be considered A class and he didn't necessary proved his superiority over him, as both fights with Rosendo Alvarez could've gone either way and as a matter of fact most people though he should've lost in their first meeting. He had that great discipline that let him completely dominate poor opposition, but that's exactly how dominant Barrera, Marquez or Morales would be if we put Varquezes, Rocky Lins and PRetty Boys Lucas of the world against them. Yeah, ok, maybe Morales would still make wars out of those fights.
        So considering level of opposition and the way he looked against the best fighter he faced, I can't possibly put him above by far more proven and all having more impressive performances against great fighters Morales, Barrera and Marquez.
        if finito was a featherweight ... wow. i couldn't speculate as to how he'd do against those three greats. i'm certain he doesn't beat them all, though. i'd see all three fights wars and career reducing.

Comment

1 barrera
          2 marquez
          3 morales
          4 lopez

Comment

Technically Lopez was another solid Nacho fighter who "officially" retired undefeated. Some critics felt he could have move up in weight earlier to have faced Humberto Gonzalez. He fought in only two weight classes which is far less than the three mentioned.

Morales was undefeated for approximately 40 bouts (not counting his disputed win over Barrera). Marquez and Morales won titles in four divisions while Barrera in three. I think we would all agree they fought stiffer competition yet only Marquez i would rate as a better boxer.

I would put all four in the top 100 greatest fighters (all four likely rating between 51-100).

As for Mexican boxers i would put Sanchez Chavez, Olivares, and Zarate as the "other" four in the greatest list. If you want to go way back then a guy like Kid Azteca can be considered for top 10.

Comment

Lopez didn't take the challenges that the others did. He stayed in the dismal strawweight division way too long.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                I rank all three above Lopez.
                Totally concur.

Comment

Working...
                X