Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
    Blueprinted?

What the fuck do you think this is?

Ward has already surpassed Calzaghe and if you're only reasoning for the latter being higher is based on the amount of '0's he's taken is ridiculous. Jeff Lacy was hardly stream rolling through the best before he met Calzaghe, his endeavours after that fight prove how good he really was. Calzaghe's best win at 168 is Kessler, Hopkins at 175 - they're pretty much his only good wins throughout his entire career.

Sure he has a few other decent wins against ok competition but you can't assert how good they were based on predictions/opinions from fans of the sport.

Make that argument.
    Ya because eveyone just beats Kessler and Hopkins right??

Comment

Originally posted by SnakeVen0m View Post
      This is a dumb question cause you can just go to boxrec and find out the answer which is 0. Yea Andre Ward is arguably #1 or #2 P4P right now, in his first 26 fights. Compare those to Joe's first 26 fights just to be fair and, you'll find a lot of cans on there. There's almost no one out there for Ward. He's cleaned out the division. Just give him a few more years or a few more wins. He'll surpass Joe's resume. He's actually willing to fight people in their prime.
      Who's he willing to face in their prime?? He didn't want Bute until Bute got a loss. He didn't want either Dirrell brother. He doesn't want Stevenson. Those are just a few! All guys with athletism, talent, and speed that would give him problems. Instead he acts like there is noone to fight and he's almost begging Kessler/Froch 2 guys he already beat. Oh yea Pavlik!! lol He's definetly in his prime! Lets be real already fanboy!!

Comment

Originally posted by "Smokin Sugar" View Post
        Who's he willing to face in their prime?? He didn't want Bute until Bute got a loss. He didn't want either Dirrell brother. He doesn't want Stevenson. Those are just a few! All guys with athletism, talent, and speed that would give him problems. Instead he acts like there is noone to fight and he's almost begging Kessler/Froch 2 guys he already beat. Oh yea Pavlik!! lol He's definetly in his prime! Lets be real already fanboy!!
        What have either Dirrell brothers done to deserve a shot? And I'm one of those who think Andre Dirrell is the toughest fight for him potentially at 168, so long as he's focussed but he's done nothing to deserve a shot.

I, while not agreeing with his decision not to face Bute, can understand it.

Stevenson?!?! **** outta here. I hope that disgrace doesn't get a shot and if he does, I hope Ward methodically beats his a$$ over the 12 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by P4P_No1 View Post
          What have either Dirrell brothers done to deserve a shot? And I'm one of those who think Andre Dirrell is the toughest fight for him potentially at 168, so long as he's focussed but he's done nothing to deserve a shot.

I, while not agreeing with his decision not to face Bute, can understand it.

Stevenson?!?! **** outta here. I hope that disgrace doesn't get a shot and if he does, I hope Ward methodically beats his a$$ over the 12 rounds.
          See your love for one man creates Hate for a whole group of others!! I'm not saying Wards just some bum but he's getting overrated way to early! Anthony Dirrell became his mandatory so um ya! You telling me Pavlik is the most talented! Froch had already been beaten by Kessler, Kessler was already beaten by Calzaghe, Abraham had already been beaten by Froch and Dirrell! Who has Ward really beaten other than Dawson who wasn't even in his weightclass! These were all hometown fights aswell! with alot of controversy in the Kessler fight!
          I would pick Stevenson to do a number on Pavlik but somehow Pavlik is worthy???

Comment

Well let me see, Froch is blasting through people right now. Chad is still the champion @ LHW. Allen Green was on a streak when Ward beat him. I mean just look at the people he fought and look at where they are now. Abraham, Kessler, Froch, all champions my friend. It just adds to Wards greatness.

Comment

See your love for one man creates Hate for a whole group of others!! I'm not saying Wards just some bum but he's getting overrated way to early! Anthony Dirrell became his mandatory so um ya! You telling me Pavlik is the most talented! Froch had already been beaten by Kessler, Kessler was already beaten by Calzaghe, Abraham had already been beaten by Froch and Dirrell! Who has Ward really beaten other than Dawson who wasn't even in his weightclass! These were all hometown fights aswell! with alot of controversy in the Kessler fight!
              I would pick Stevenson to do a number on Pavlik but somehow Pavlik is worthy???
              LOL my "love" for Ward? Where is my "love" for Ward? Where have I hated another group of fighters?

Where have I said Pavlik is the most "talented" fighter?

Where have I disrespected Dirrell or saying he shouldn't have fought either of the Dirrell brothers? Didn't Anthony have some sort of battle against Lymphoma? So maybe that's why that fight never got made?

Andre was meant to fight him in the Super Six but had the injury and has barely fought since.

What does it matter if Froch got beat by Kessler? Or Kessler had been beaten by Calzaghe? One loss makes these guys a bum?

You're hate or whatever it is is blinding you my dude.

Very odd post.

Comment

it was Andre Dirrell who pulled out of the scheduled Ward-Dirrell fight in 2010. Ward was good to go, Dirrell screwed that fight up twice.

let's not hear any more nonsense about Ward ducking that guy.

Comment

if Bute had done what was supposedly a formality and beaten Froch, he may've been announced as a Ward opponent by now. i highly doubt that Ward fights Bute without Bute restoring his stock in some creditable way.

Comment

Lets no forget calzague beat the great Peter manfredo jr

Comment

Well looks like Earl is at it again with more stupid, baseless, anti-merica threads.

But don't worry by his measure all Ward has to do is beat someone like Nathan Cleverly or Tavoris Cloud at 175 and he will then surpass Calzaghe having beaten an undefeated champion.

As a Ward fan I'm not worried about it. He's already accomplished as much in 26 fights as Calzaghe did in 46. By the time he is retired the question of who was the better fighter won't even be worth a debate.

Comment

Working...
                      X