No announcement yet.

Broken nose, bloodly and stiffed legged

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broken nose, bloodly and stiffed legged

I think Marquez was fortunate to land that punch. I just rewatched Pac/Marquez 4 and I truly think Pacquiao was on his way to knocking Marquez out.

How many times has JMM been knocked out? and How many times has Manny been Knocked out?

JMM did drop manny in the third round, that was not fortunate it's hard work, dedication, discipline and all of the above.

Comment

But Pacquiao didn't get the KO. He got knocked out because he landed a good shot on JMM, and instead of JMM getting wild and reckless, JMM remained calm and Pacquiao became wild. Nothing lucky about that.

Comment

That's boxing.

Comment

It was a great shot that would have probably KO'd anyone who got hit with it the way Pac did. Pac walked right into it and did not see the punch that hit him full force.
          Last edited by Deevel916; 12-15-2012, 10:23 PM.

Comment

I dont think it was a lucky punch. It was proven that Juan worked on that shot in camp. Now the reality is that all fighters look at tape, and have a plan, but once the bells sounds, more times than not its easiser said than done. I'm sure that Marquez plan wasnt to get busted up, get knocked down, lose control of the fihgt, then land "The Shot". Reality in this case is that, how Manny got hit, Marquez had to ultimately guess when he chose to lunge in when Manny uses that stutter step. So, a lucky punch...NO, absolutely NOT...good assumption/guess by Juan.....YES
            Last edited by S IP U IR S xII; 12-15-2012, 10:25 PM.

Comment

He didn't look like he was on the verge of knocked out IMO. He was in greater trouble in the 1st fight. I would argue that it looked as if he was going to get Knocked out because of Hbo's announcers. Marquez was ducking and catching alot of the shots. Manny got really aggressive and that is ultimately what led to his KO.

Comment

He didn't look like he was about to get KO'D. Marquez said to his corner that he was wobbled but he still felt strong. In the 6th round Marquez seemed to gain most of himself back.

Comment

Marquez has been in trouble before, Pacquiao didn't seem to realize that's when he is most dangerous.

Look at Marquez circle on to the ropes. He knew how Manny would respond, he knew what he was going to use when he did.

Fortunate is a cop-out. The smarter fighter won.

Comment

Originally posted by Capaedia View Post
                    Marquez has been in trouble before, Pacquiao didn't seem to realize that's when he is most dangerous.
                    Look at Marquez circle on to the ropes. He knew how Manny would respond, he knew what he was going to use when he did.

Fortunate is a cop-out. The smarter fighter won.
                    AGREED 100%!!!!!! Juan is like a cornered fox when it looks like the end....the problem is that a cornered fox is even more dangerous than a jackal.

Comment

Working...
                    X