No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Geale Targets America, Will Attend Chavez-Martinez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Geale Targets America, Will Attend Chavez-Martinez

Dual world middleweight champion Daniel Geale's next major goal is to conquer boxing's biggest market in the United States.

To start that process, Geale plans to introduce himself to the American media by attending the September 15 WBC middleweight title bout between champion Julio Cesar Chavez Jr and Sergio Martinez, who is widely regarded as the best fighter in the division.

Back in Australia less than 48 hours after dethroning WBA Super champion Felix Sturm in Germany to add the WBA title to the IBF one he won in the same country, Geale was adamant he was still far from his peak and was bent on tackling even harder, bigger fights. [Click Here To Read More]

I'm Australian and grasping for local heroes at the moment, but I put Geale behind Martinez, Golovkin, Pirog and Chavez. Great such a cool, articulate fellow over-achieved this way, but this is the high water mark as I read it. Geale comes undone against these four...

Comment

Originally posted by ColWallace View Post
      I'm Australian and grasping for local heroes at the moment, but I put Geale behind Martinez, Golovkin, Pirog and Chavez. Great such a cool, articulate fellow over-achieved this way, but this is the high water mark as I read it. Geale comes undone against these four...
      Geale is one of those fighters who doesn't do anything real great...good,but not great speed, good technical skills, but no pop in his punches....kinda frustrating to watch.I thought the Sturm fight could have been a draw-it was that close. Golovkin, Martinez and Pirog probably hand him a big loss.

Comment

Would a Geale vs Mundine rematch make money in australia?

Comment

Originally posted by damned1974 View Post
          Geale is one of those fighters who doesn't do anything real great...good,but not great speed, good technical skills, but no pop in his punches....kinda frustrating to watch.I thought the Sturm fight could have been a draw-it was that close. Golovkin, Martinez and Pirog probably hand him a big loss.
          Very frustrating to watch, I was angry at the fact that despite Sturm's early vulnerability to the body, Geale wouldn't commit more to the body. Or the fact that he tends to lay back a little, where as he should be pushing the issue more and being aggressive. He could have won that fight much more decisively, he's pretty damn lucky to have gotten the victory considering how close it was.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
            Would a Geale vs Mundine rematch make money in australia?
            Most definitely. Get Danny Green to fight a can on the undercard and you'd have a packed house with boomerangs flying through the air.

Comment

if he fights in the states, I hope it's Golovkin.
              He made a splash on HBO and I think American fans are pretty open to him right now.
              i don't think he'll get the Chavez/Martinez winner anytime soon.... I don't even think Kid Chocolate will be open for him in December either.

Comment

I had him beating Sturm. The victory was deserved, but i dont think he's anything special tbh. I know Dwyer and a few other guys were getting carried away with his performance but i didnt see anything special. Just one world level fighter beating another, and thats all i see Sturm and Geale as - world level boxerss not elite guys or standout fighters

Comment

Give the man some props...he does need to improve though but he knows that...hes a chance against anyone...the division will blow open when Chavez KO's Martinez next month...I believe Geale deserves the winner of that regardless...as for Sam Soliman I can't believe Gary Shaw would let him take that fight!

Comment

Originally posted by ddangerous View Post
                    Most definitely. Get Danny Green to fight a can on the undercard and you'd have a packed house with boomerangs flying through the air.
                    They'd need to demolish a few buildings to make a kangaroo lot

Comment

Working...
                    X